The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Diet - Advice Needed

uggybugs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am feeding my dogs a BARF diet and im really pleased with how good they look, real improvement in my lurchers coat but 1 of my whippets seems to be losing weight. I was warned that initally this could happen but its been a while now and i cant seem to get any weight onto him. Has anyone got any advice please?

If you give us an idea of what an average days food consists of that might help. :thumbsup:

Lamb and tripe are good for putting weight on though

If you give us an idea of what an average days food consists of that might help. :thumbsup: Lamb and tripe are good for putting weight on though
I give him 4 chicken wings in the morning with probiotic yoghurt & kelp or he has meaty bones from the butchers with the yoghurt.

In the evening he has a 'patty' - liver or mince beef in blender with vegetables, abit of cod liver oil, sometimes an egg, spoonful of honey and i usually add alittle pasta into the bowl.

If you give us an idea of what an average days food consists of that might help. :thumbsup: Lamb and tripe are good for putting weight on though
I give him 4 chicken wings in the morning with probiotic yoghurt & kelp or he has meaty bones from the butchers with the yoghurt.

In the evening he has a 'patty' - liver or mince beef in blender with vegetables, abit of cod liver oil, sometimes an egg, spoonful of honey and i usually add alittle pasta into the bowl.
i would cut out the veg, no need for a dog to have veg they have an unsacculated colon and short fore gut for quick breakdown and digestation introducing veg even if it is blended tends to go in one end and come out the other and especially as your feeding honey and yogurt on a regular basis i would expect your dog is passing alot of the bulk of his diet out very quickly.

i would keep am feed the same and feed meet and a wholemeal mixer for his pm feed and maybe a handful of a good complete ( its ok to feed some complete with a raw diet) mix at night

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back