The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Disappearing Threads

Discussion in 'Support and Feedback' started by arealhuman, Jul 27, 2018.

1. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

I've noticed several threads that have disappeared over recent weeks/months, and they aren't offensive at all. The two most recent I've noticed are the Isle of Dogs thread, and the one where a chap posted about his dog being called Gertrude (I think). Clicking the links on the e-mails from dogforum throws up an error that the requested thread could not be found. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Don't know about the Gertrude one, but @JudyN spotted that the Isle of Dogs was spam - the text was a direct copy and paste from a thread from some months ago.

arealhuman and Violet Turner like this.
  3. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

4. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

If I remember rightly, the Gertrude one had been posted on umpteen other forums and looked highly suspicious, so I suspect Josie decided it was spam. There's been quite a few others where the OP's first post looks a little odd and out of context, and a search has revealed that they've copied a random post from a few weeks/months/years ago.

arealhuman and JoanneF like this.
  5. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Hello @arealhuman unfortunately these ones have been reported as spam (which I then look into) I need to remove the offender which removes the whole thread. Unfortunately there is no way to keep the thread with all of the other posts and just remove the offender as when I delete them as 'spam' I am alerted to anyone else trying to use the same IP address. This wouldn't happen if I just deleted them (am I waffling?) :(

arealhuman and Violet Turner like this.
  6. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Thanks everyone for the clarification. Those Isle of Dogs/Gertrude posts didn't register on my spam radar as I hadn't seen them elsewhere.

7. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

I have an extremely sensitive spam radar ;) And I can't stop myself investigating suspicious-looking posts even when it's not my forum :oops:

Violet Turner likes this.