The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Do Your Whippts Have House Coats?

Pimmscass

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My two have outdoor jackets for when its cold and horrible, Pimms has an equafleece jumper and Casper has a Masta dog rug.

Pimms seems to feel the cold in the house though :oops: , Ive been thinking that she might like a little house coat.

Does anyone else put these on their dogs? Ive been told babygrows are very good for this purpose :b !

xxx

:D yep blue has one

PB150029.jpg

and so does ollie

PB100015.jpg

and of course they have ther coats and neck warmers when they go out :D

no mine dont have house coats, i just use quilts on all their beds so mostly they burrow under their quilts if there a little too cool. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
My poor old Coco used to wear a 'jumper ' indoors because she would get very cold in the middle of the night and day when the heating was off (obviously not in the summer!) then once the heating was on I would take it off and put it back on at bedtime.

The first one she had was from Jaycoats but then for the last couple of years of her life I had one from Togs for Dogs because that covered her chest as well (she had respiratory problems)

I also have a fleece 'vest' for Aimee when she goes to shows because she is a very chilly mortal as well! I got that from Dapper Dogs

Mine dont wear housecoats, ...but if your dog gets cold or is an older dog, no harm at all. :)

Janimal said:
Mine dont wear housecoats, ...but if your dog gets cold or is an older dog, no harm at all. :)
Yes, forgot to say, that Coco's is all washed and waiting for TJ because he is BOUND to want a coat at night (or any time really, knowing him!) when he gets a bit older.

mine have outdor coats jumpers if its chill in the dy in the houes and jammys at night. I dont like the heating up high and am terrabel for opening all the windows even when its frezzing so my poor whippes would freez if they didnt. heres Indy in her jammys.

Yep mine have their Jammies too. And hang about in the utility after they have been out waiting to get them on again!! :D

His lordship the skinny whippet loves his jumpers and fleeces. He has fleeces from dapper dogs and jumpers by Nicky's Mum

post-2500-1165494054.jpg

I like to keep the house cool and both of mine start to shiver at the heat I like it so...they wear jammies always at night and sometimes even during the day.

I got really tired of chasing them around to check for shivering because they'd thrown their blankets off. Silly whips couldn't seem to stay covered, so I bought "covers" that followed them wherever they go. :thumbsup:

Honestly no, my whippets don't have housecoats...

I'm wondering why they should wear housecoats.. What do I have to put them on then if they go outside if it's freezing ? An eskimo-coat ? :lol:

So nu, my whippets only wear coats outside.

Generally the whippets sleep with me so they're warm enough but last winter I did rug the greyhounds up overnight to stop them getting cold. Haven't yet this year because it's so mild. :)

No house coats or Pj's here. My dogs go au naturel. :)

No, mine don't wear coats in the house. They aren't cold so i don't see the need. However, judging by my coat enquiries and sales - lots of people do!! :lol:

If it is going to be a cold night say anything from freezing to -7 I put a lightweight night coats on the whippets just to keep the heat in....If I forget to put their coats on the whippets wake us by moving and being unsettled in their beds....I remember going away in the caravan in winter with the whips and in the middle of the night we could hear them moving around on their beds I got up to see what was up and immediately Rocket had taken my place in the duvet and would not budge so definately coats are a must in winter......

I thought this thread was a joke (w00t) . Coats for in the house whatever next. No wonder some people consider whippets to be shivering wrecks when it comes to them being working dogs. They obvously see pampered poochers shivering.

I only use exercise coats when walking my whippets in the rain. If it's dry and cold they go without. IMO if you put a coat on your whippets indoors what chance has it got of developing a decent coat to protect it from the cold?

My two wear coats when they go out, but im considering buying them fleeces or pyjamas because every morning Billy wakes me up at 3am!!!!!!!!!!! wanting me to put his quilt over him, it might get me some sleep! :lol:

Whippets dont you just love them :blink: :lol: :huggles: :wub:

I have a duel-fuel stove in the room where the dogs sleep (with a large heavy fire-guard of course) so that room is always cosy even when the rest of the house is freezing. So mine don't wear coats inside but it means they need good coats to go out into the Scottish winter.

I have indoor coats and jumpers for the iggies but they don't seem to need them. They also sleep together inside a large snuggie bed so they're always roasting!

Only one of my whippets has the brains to use a snuggle bed - the others just lie on top of vetbed and fluffy duvets.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back