The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dobbie Lurcher

jane bone

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,not been on since last year,i have just been given a dobermann x greyhound,and would like any info on this breed of lurcher.Never seen one before or heard any one whose bred this sort of lurcher.She needs alot of work done to her,training wise as she was left to room her garden.I only got her a few days ago.The lad who gave her to me didnt tell me what she was bred with till i phoned him about her worming dates.So any info would be grateful,she is 10 months old.Thanks

:) Can't help you, but I'd love to see some photos. :thumbsup: Diane

gabbitas31 said:
:) Can't help you, but I'd love to see some photos. :thumbsup: Diane
just waiting on my son taking some later on,i must say myself i was shoked when told,why would someone breed a dobbie with a greyhound,got me puzzled.or am i old fashioned,to me a lurcher was always,collie cross,deerhound cross,lab cross,will send pics on later.

MY FATHER USED TO OWN A DOBERMANN OVER 40 YEARS AGO, THERE WAS NOT THAT MANY IN THE COUNTRY AT THE TIME, HE USED IT AS A WATCH DOG ON A BUILDING SITE, THERE WAS A LOT OF RABBITS AND THAT USED TO TAKE A FEW, BUT IT USED TO YAP A LOT WHEN CHASING, I CANT SEE WHY SOMEONE WOULD X ONE WITH A GREYHOUND, :wacko:

whippet quick said:
MY FATHER USED TO OWN A DOBERMANN OVER 40 YEARS AGO, THERE WAS NOT THAT MANY IN THE COUNTRY AT THE TIME, HE USED IT AS A WATCH DOG ON A BUILDING SITE, THERE WAS A LOT OF RABBITS AND THAT USED TO TAKE A FEW, BUT IT USED TO YAP A LOT WHEN CHASING, I CANT SEE WHY SOMEONE WOULD X ONE WITH A GREYHOUND,  :wacko:
she is yappy if anyone goes near my car,our garden,or passes on the street.She has not had much training if any.I am hoping to sort that out.As i ve only just got her i know i have alot of work to do.I am hoping to work her with my ike he is a english bully cross deerhound i will post a pic of him,hopefully i can send a pic of my bitch later on.

There is a vid on you tube with someone who has a Doberman X Rottweiler from one side X greyhound from the other.

Your cross sounds interesting, with both breeds having strong frames I bet she looks powerful.

jane bone said:
i know but when i bought him he had already been done but he is a brill dog,the poor dog had been ill treated but he is fine now,here are the pics of my dobbie x grey hound,not great pics as she wouldnt stay still,http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/j...50/sasha009.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/j...50/sasha005.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/j...50/sasha008.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/j...50/sasha003.jpg

thats a nice looking dog you dobbie x . shouldnt take much trainging up, clever dogs dobbies , :thumbsup:

thanks she is only 10 months old.Now i can actually walk her at my side,when i got her she wandered all over on the lead,the past 2 days whilst i have walked her she has stopped barking at people,But she is inteligent sometimes for her own good,lol she can take the mickie out of me.I know it is going to be a hard struggle but i am not one to give up easy.You never know she might make it to the gamefairs next year.I am also going to try and work her,there plenty of farms here with alot of fields,just need to see if i can get permission to hunt rabbits on them,but thats a little bit later on.All i can do is try my best.Keep yous updated on her procress.

Sounds like she's fallen on her feet with you.....let us know how she gets on :thumbsup:

Absolutely gorgeous dogs!! I love eng bull, two of my girls of eng bull x greyhd (maddi and kohl in pics)

thanks for the response on Sasha,well i had to do it,thanks to Sasha,i have gone and rescued a lovely greyhound called Buster,he has just retired.He is a brill dog i got him 2 days ago.I was going through the net trying to find a friend to run and play with Sasha,when i saw greyhound free to good home.I thought about it wisely before calling.I am glad i did,he is lovely,the lad i got him from races greyhounds.Anyway Buster has a torn ligament on his front leg,he needs to rest up for a month or so.I took him for a short walk today and he did fine.He is suppose to live in his kennel,but quess what he has taken over my sons bedroom at night,son not too happy but i share my bed with my partner,sasha and on the floor my rottie.He is now the owner of my 2 seater sofa.My grandson uses the kennel for his toys.lol.I will send a pic of him soon.He is a marvelous dog.Sasha is great with him,he gets on great with my male rottie,who is a big gentle bear.

update on sasha,i now have sasha walking at my side she no longers barks or growls at people whilst out.It was hard work but i have seemed to have sorted it.Yesterday i was buzzing because she actualy let three people whom where strangers pat her.Also a handycapped girl whom lives on our estate,who cannt speek but shouts and screams came running over with a piece of chocolate for sasha,i at first panicked, well i did more than that,but sasha let the girl come over shouting and never moved a muscle, the little girl gave my dog the piece of chocolate and had a pat.I think i knew then i was getting somewhere,no i was over the moon.She is getting there now.I will keep yous updated,just wanted to share this with someone

jane bone said:
Hi,not been on since last year,i have just been given a dobermann x greyhound,and would like any info on this breed of lurcher.Never seen one before or heard any one whose bred this sort of lurcher.She needs alot of work done to her,training wise as she was left to room her garden.I only got her a few days ago.The lad who gave her to me didnt tell me what she was bred with till i phoned him about her worming dates.So any info would be grateful,she is 10 months old.Thanks

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back