The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Does your dog live with other pets?

Only goldfish, Misty likes to leave her nose art all over the glass :eek:

Yes Evie lives with our cat. Our cat Izzy is 5 and lived a peaceful life with us before Evie arrived to wreck her peace 18 months ago. They actually get on OK - wouldnt go so far as to say they are friends but Izzy is very tolerant and Evie is not allowed to terrorise her. Izzy has her struck her as far as we know but does occasionally lift a paw if Evie is being too boisterous and Evie soon backs away. It's only if the cat runs in the garden that Evie cannot stop herself from chasing her.

My boy's live with 3 aquariums which Oliver likes to put his nose in one if i dont put the lid down :eek: and they also live with 4 pet rats Marley doesn't care but Oliver would LOVE to play with them!

Jasper lives with Monty, the cat. It was love at first sight when J saw M, but it wasn't reciprocated. Unfortunately M would never stand up to J but would turn tail and run and try as I might, I didn't always manage to stop J chasing him. If he cornered M, he would playbow, put a paw on his back or gently wrap his jaws around him :eek:

Monty pretty much lives in our bathroom & walk-in airing cupboard, behind a stairgate and a door fastened wide enough for M but not for J. He's a month shy of 20 and is very frail now. I do feel guilty as he never comes downstairs to spend time with us now, but I'll go in the airing cupboard to give him cuddles a few times a day, and he often pops out to say hello when I'm on the loo:D

Wow, he's a great age. Must have been quite a shock for him but he seems to have found a peaceful spot. Cats generally are pretty good at sorting themselves out. Not nearly as needy as dogs in my experience.

Wow, he's a great age. Must have been quite a shock for him but he seems to have found a peaceful spot. .

Yeah, at first the plan was for Jasper to sleep downstairs so Monty could come into our bedroom at night, but J HOWLED if left on his own so we took it in turns to sleep downstairs with him, and then M went through a phase of peeing and pooing on our bed because he was so upset by the new arrival:( So J then came up to sleep with us, and M was shut out of the bedroom.

I did find them both snoozing in the conservatory a couple of summers back, and until recently they would ignore each other to pester us if we cooked fish, but I'm not sure when M last came downstairs. Who knows, maybe he still goes out hunting mice at night :D Though maybe I should cook fish more just to encourage him to get some exercise....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back