The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Does Your Whippet Have This Disorder??

LasVegasNo1

Waiting for Telstra
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just read this on Wiki and laughed myself stupid! Yes my Whippet does have this disorder!! I'm glad he does!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interestingly, some whippets are subject to "excessive greeting disorder". This unique greeting ritual is characterized by wild displays of exuberance - bounding, jumping, howling, barking, etc. - when their owners return from long absences of 10 minutes or more. This can be a problem with very young children in the house as they may easily be knocked over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes, though Sidney only barks when he sees someone who he doesn't know appear.

He does this lazy stretch, bum up, head down and then weaves in and out of your legs, jumps up, licks you hand... if at this point you have taken a seat then you can expect him to jump up for a cuddle.

He is only like it with Ian, Rob and myself though..... he is toooooo cute when he does it to tell off :- "

LasVegasNo1 said:
I have just read this on Wiki and laughed myself stupid! Yes my Whippet does have this disorder!! I'm glad he does!! :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
Interestingly, some whippets are subject to "excessive greeting disorder". This unique greeting ritual is characterized by wild displays of exuberance - bounding, jumping, howling, barking, etc. - when their owners return from long absences of 10 minutes or more. This can be a problem with very young children in the house as they may easily be knocked over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not once since having jill from a pup has she ever greeted me :(

keith

Keith. Every reply of yours - makes me laugh.

Mine go crazy for attention. All 3 start diving at me to see who can get the most love. jumping weaving up/down on the settee..... EVERY NIGHT on returning from work. I also - would'nt want it any other way. :D :D :D

When we get home we let Alfie out the kitchen he always tears through the house to the front door to greet the last person first then he races back to the person who opened the kitchen door! We all get a low blow to the stomach then it's off to get a toy to start a game, very tiring for us who've just got in! :lol: I like to catch him mid-tearing through the house 'cause he grumbles until I let him go!! :*

Molly goes absolutely beserk when we get in, if you're a bloke you better cover your manly bits cos she goes straight for them with her spindly little legs (w00t)

Lenny on the other hand still goes a bit mental, but not in the same way. He seems to have this desparate urge to go and grab the nearest toy and run about with it in his gob! If he can't find a toy immediately he goes slightly manic until he can :lol: sometimes we hide all the toys before we let them out of the kitchen, just for a laugh :- " naughty mummy!

:lol: my 3 go nuts even when i come back from being in the kitchen for 10mins usually either get head butted in the face or low blow to the tummy and scrathces well looks like iv been attacked by wild bear (w00t) and when somone comes to visit i have to hold blue cause hes the worst for it he starts jumping up then the person bends over to fuss "bad move by them of course cause blue then jumps at ther face ,planting the most painful head butt ever :b

Yes lovely greetings here too even if a bit too bonkers at times.. :lol: I always know when they have done something wrong, because the greeting is different somehow... :- " :lol:

Oh that is soooo spot on :p They all go bananas every time someone comes in...even if it is people they don't know :wacko: :wacko:

I love the frantic greeting I get, toy in mouth, leaping off all fours, spinning in circles etc regardless of the fact I might only have been out to the garage not gone for hours!!

:lol: Yes, Zephyr goes ballistic, and is quite likely to nose-butt you in his excitement, and men certainly tend to go 'OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh :rant: ' when he is around and takes them unawares! :- " :b

When he was younger he liked to pinch newcomers glasses off their noses, but fortunately not any more!! :- " :lol:

yep, gyp's goes mad, always goes straight to her toys, picks the nearest one up and brings it to us :wacko: a mad dash round the house and then throws herself on the sofa :wacko:

Oh yes my 2 have that disorder

A full circuit of the house followed by jumping,licking and leaping over furniture!!

Glad to see they are normal then!!!!!! :thumbsup: :wub:

brionlinework said:
Keith.  Every reply of yours - makes me laugh.
Mine go crazy for attention.  All 3 start diving at me to see who can get the most love.  jumping weaving up/down  on the settee.....  EVERY NIGHT on returning from work.  I also - would'nt want it any other way.  :D   :D   :D

But its true :( take for instance first thing in the morning, i go downstairs, first thing i do is give her a stroke and a fondle :lol: she looks at me as though im insane or summat, then goes back to sleep, think i'l get myself a damn cat or summat, im a tactile sort of bloke and like being tactiled :lol:

keith unloved :(

midlanderkeith said:
brionlinework said:
Mine go crazy for attention.  All 3 start diving at me to see who can get the most love.  jumping weaving up/down  on the settee.....  EVERY NIGHT on returning from work.  I also - would'nt want it any other way.   :D    :D    :D

But its true :( take for instance first thing in the morning, i go downstairs, first thing i do is give her a stroke and a fondle :lol: she looks at me as though im insane or summat, then goes back to sleep, think i'l get myself a damn cat or summat, im a tactile sort of bloke and like being tactiled :lol:

aawwww keithy pops............your not unloved :huggles:

[SIZE=21pt]Lol![/SIZE] :lol: :lol: :lol: Lots of this disorder evident in our house!

midlanderkeith said:
brionlinework said:
Mine go crazy for attention.  All 3 start diving at me to see who can get the most love.  jumping weaving up/down  on the settee.....  EVERY NIGHT on returning from work.  I also - would'nt want it any other way.   :D    :D    :D

Not surprised she doesn't cuddle you if you don't share your nannas and custard..... there are no sweeter ways to a girl's heart :huggles: (w00t)

Sparky and Dylan, guilty as charged. The greeting starts with two little faces at the window as you drive onto the drive, and then the circuits begin culminating in the welcome. Dylan also finds his latest bone and runs round the house with it, doing a throaty little growling sound, meanwhile Sparky inspects all bags, pockets and hands just in-case a treat has been purchased.

This welcome is nothing compared to the one Sarah gets when she comes over, if she bends down to fuss them Sparky jumps up on her back like a mountain goat, he loves her so much.

Dylan also has another interesting method of greeting people but you had better ask Alfyn about that. (w00t)

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
zilloot said:
midlanderkeith said:
brionlinework said:

Not surprised she doesn't cuddle you if you don't share your nannas and custard..... there are no sweeter ways to a girl's heart :huggles: (w00t)

You saying if i plonked nanas n custard on your tender loving feminine lap, :lol:

yer all mine

keith

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back