The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog barking all night

Charley14

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi wondering if anyone can help my dog past 4 weeks is barking all during night hes 13 and vet thinks think it’s Dement I’m not sleeping I manage get sileo which is a syringe precription only but problem is he’s going for me when I try do it just wondering if any had same problem trying get into dog with putting on syringe it need go on gums but I had put on bisquir it can have two doses but first night trying so only done one on biscuit please help I’m exhausted

When my dog had dementia, gabapentin helped a lot with his night-time anxiety.

I hadn't heard of Sileo - with our dogs, we have to work within what's possible, and it may be that Sileo just isn't going to be an option for you. If he's refusing to accept it, he's only likely to get more resistant, and you don't want to increase his anxiety at this stage of his life. I would go back to your vet and ask if there are any alternatives.

If he sleeps in a different room to you, would it help if you slept in the same room? He might be calmed a little by your presence.

Hi thank u my dog sleep with me got point I sleep down stairs with him as keeping everyone awake the vets not been very helpful how much gabepentin did u have give your dog ect x

Hi thank u my dog sleep with me got point I sleep down stairs with him as keeping everyone awake the vets not been very helpful how much gabepentin did u have give your dog ect x

I can't remember the dosage, I'm afraid, and it is something you'd have to discuss with your vet. I started off giving him one in the evening and after a few nights he slept much better - checking back through my old posts, I was able to give him just half what the vet originally suggested as a starting dose. When his anxiety surfaced during the day I started giving it then as well, though it can affect coordination so you have to time it round walks (the effects wear off after a few hours).

The medication isn't licensed for dogs, but your vet can still prescribe it. Note that it's much cheaper to pay your vet to write a prescription and then buy it online. I used Animed Direct.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back