The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Control Order

steven 58

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My son had a dog control order but the police who brought this case decided they didn't like the order in fact they said it was the wrong order despite 3 senior officers and their solicitor signing it . This has now gone to a destruction order despite the original order being in place. Can they do that? just ignore a court order without appealing the verdict and then produce a criminal charge and seek a destruction order plus kennel costs. The original order stated no costs for kennel now its£10k

So the Control Order was signed by senior officers and a solicitor - who 'didn't like' it - the person imposing it? Why was the dog subject to the order? And what did your son do subsequently to stop any behaviour that the dog was carrying out?

For legal advice you might want to contact Trevor Cooper at www.doglaw.co.uk.

So the Control Order was signed by senior officers and a solicitor - who 'didn't like' it - the person imposing it? Why was the dog subject to the order? And what did your son do subsequently to stop any behaviour that the dog was carrying out?

For legal advice you might want to contact Trevor Cooper at www.doglaw.co.uk.

Thanks for the link. No complaints from public or landlord. Its complicated my son was in custody and the dogs were taken into care as he was their over the weekend. They then decided not to give them back. My son has had some mental health issues and we have called the police several times to check on his well being and the police have never been attacked by the dogs when visiting and never did they question their type which we believe to be Staff / Mastiff cross.They have been his soul mate and he looked after them like they were his children they visited 3 different vets and were traded again with no question over their supposed type. The police won't supply Kennel records. We think maybe they have already been destroyed and they are trying to cover it up. Solicitor not being very helpful (legal aid) as not forcing certain issues e.g. original court order,police interview tapes when my son was told they would not prosecute but will deal with it as a civil matter with a dog order. He was approved as a suitable owner at the first court case which they have now ignored.

The problem - and it is a problem - is that dogs that conform to a certain look can be deemed 'of type' regardless of how they behave. If you cannot afford Trevor Cooper's fees, there is an organisation called "Deed not Breed" who might be able to offer you advice.

Been in contact with them but looks as cost is an issue he will have to let them be put down. But if you saw this morning this week there is a man appealing for help to find his dog and it looks in size and type the same as my sons even battersea dogs home of pit bull type looking dogs up for adoption the law seems mad and certainly unclear. Our little terrier is more likely to to nip a stranger than his dogs. Will keep you posted as it does seem un fair and the law seems to be geared to the police. If failed to abide by a court order we would be arrested but they seem to be able to get away with it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back