The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog doesn't bark??!!

Chadders

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone else have a dog that doesn't bark at anything, at any time, for any reason!!?? I guess I'm not complaining but just seems weird and unusual. Bruce is an American Bulldog cross not sure what with yet but researching into having a DNA test. The only time I've known him to bark was when we went to see him at the Dogs Trust rehoming centre. He barked as we looked at him through the glass.

fullsizeoutput_1ac0.jpeg

A friend had a bull breed similar to yours who used to stay with me a fair bit and I only ever heard him bark when he was dreaming!o_O

Ooh he’s so gorgeous :) you wouldn’t expect a dog like that to not bark lol..how long have you had him?
My Jack Russell is 8 years old and I only just heard a proper growl from her the other day when we were playing tug!

Ooh he’s so gorgeous :) you wouldn’t expect a dog like that to not bark lol..how long have you had him?
My Jack Russell is 8 years old and I only just heard a proper growl from her the other day when we were playing tug!
We've had him for just over 2 weeks but it's as if we've had him for years! settled really well no aggression towards people or other dogs. We need to build his alone time up, I think he might have a bit of separation anxiety but that's fine. He can also open kitchen draw and cupboards and doors so locks and catches have had to be put on ;)

He could be quiet while he adjusts to moving to your home.
My two are noisy and bark a lot but a couple of my bridge babies rarely barked.

Milly Lurcher rarely barks. She does whine though. Constantly. Because she wants a walk. Because she thinks she should be fed. Because she's bored. Because she wants attention. . .

Honey Chi barks a lot more, but only for specific reasons.

I've got a poodle and was warned they could be pretty vocal. The only time he ever barks when I'm around, is when he sees himself in a mirror

Floyd is a barker but fair play to Liam we hardly hear him bark:)

Most rescues need time to adjust so he might just be biding his time...

We've had Georges nearly 3 months now and his true nature is really coming through now...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back