The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Friendly Beaches List

firesprite

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hiya, just seen some lovely pics in a post with whips running on a beach and was really envious. So wondered if we could start a list on dog friendly beaches???

HAving said that i dont know any!

Except Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley, Southampton. Limited disabled access. Narrow strip of foreshore along the estury by the refinery. Not fantastic but it is sort of beachy.

What a good idea!

We did have a thread like this a while ago, but I can't find it now.

If this thread takes off I'll link it in to FAQ so that people can access it easily :thumbsup:

I was at Burnham-on-Sea (Somerset) on Saturday and noticed that dogs are allowed there September to April, but obviously not in the summer. Nearby Berrow beach is nice if you like desolate sand/dunes and not much else, accessed via a golf course and dunes, and I've been there in the winter too. I'll check next time I'm there and see whether it's all year round :thumbsup:

Thurlestone in Devon is a dog friendly beach all year round.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of our beaches over here in N.Ireland are dog friendly all year round! :D .............well I have NEVER seen any signs saying otherwise!

formby beach in northwest england is dog friendly, but u need to keep them on the lead round the red squril sanctury

hells mouth in north wales is good for dogs too

Seaburn /Roker in the North East....but only from October - May.....

the rest of the year its restricted parts only.

Dunster in Somerset is dog friendly all year , and many of the pubs in the village allow dogs in the beer gardens

Summerleaze Beach at Bude in Cornwall and Widemouth Bay just down the road from Bude are good for dogs and horses, although that is out of holiday season

I'd love to get there more often but we're about 25 miles from Bude. Just lucky I've got Dartmoor on the doorstep instead!!

Best beach I've ever been on full stop is Perranporth in North Cornwall - miles of sandy beach when tide is out, big waves, cliff top walk and fab beach pub called the Watering Hole. Also open to dogs all year round :thumbsup: :D

Just remembered that a friend of mine printed off a list of dog friendly beaches for me off the Internet one time but can't remember the site - would be worth a 'Google' ;)

Rae said:
Dunster in Somerset is dog friendly all year , and many of the pubs in the village allow dogs in the beer gardens
I was going to say that :- " , i really like dunster beach the dogs did and all :thumbsup:

Perranporth in Cornwall- fantastic beach miles long!!

Tyingnhame- near Dunbar scotland another fab long beach there are also loads of beaches in northumberland which are dog friendly around craster and Alnmouth.

Thats a few i know.

fraisthorpe on the norht east coast just south of bridlington,perfect any time of the year just make sure the tides out otherwise only a short beach :thumbsup:

Between October to March Goodrington and Paignton Beaches are good but only when tide is out!!

You can walk from Paignton to Preston Sands !

ogmore by sea bridgend south wales is dog friendly all year round :thumbsup:

Hi,

Brean Beach is dog friendly,it is in Somerset.You can even park on the beach for £1.50.We went there last summer.

Amanda :thumbsup:

ainsdale is very nice!its near southport in the north west,razzle and co love it! :D

:) Southbourne beach, near Bournemouth is open to dogs all year round. :thumbsup:

But as for any beaches, best when the tide is out. :thumbsup:

Sonia and Jesse xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back