The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog on dog attacks

Nanny71

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just read an article about little Jeffrey who died after being attacked by two dogs.. Apparently the owner than ran off and left his two dogs behind.
This person needs to be found but I know from experience that the police and dog warden will just say they don't get involved with dog on dog attacks.
Meanwhile a dog has suffered a horrendous death and an owner is left completely devastated.

How awful. I seem to remember a while ago that a campaign to change things was launched after a similar incident - does anyone remember that?

Horrendous for dog and owner :-(

Terrible. Perhaps the dogs that were left and are microchipped? The owner definitely needs to be held to account.

I wrote about an attack on my then almost blind beagle that left him wih a hole in his ear and cheek and my other little dog so scared that he never walked in the park where it happened again. ( this was here in NL)
I chased the man and his dog in my car and demanded his name which he was so shocked he gave me I then whipped out a camera and took a couple of clear photos that I plastered all over social media. I reported the whole thing to the police who said it wasnt their business. Until I mentioned that the man in question had shouted abuse and sworn at me. At which point they whipped out a pad and pen and took details because shouting abuse is against the law...allowing your off lead dog to attack and bite another defenseless animal isnt !! Go figure.

If it taught me anything its that I am the only one who is going to defend my dog should anything bad happen .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back