The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Toy Library

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've had an idea for helping local dogs and raising money for dog charities, and just wanted to do a bit of market research, if I may...

If your dog was on restricted exercise for whatever reason, would you be interested in renting out expensive interactive toys like the Nina Ottosson range by the week? And if so, what would you be willing to pay?

I know the toys are likely to come back with a few extra chew marks each time and though I'd take a deposit in case a toy was totally destroyed, I will need to raise enough to replace those that just gradually died over time. I wouldn't want people to limit their dog's enjoyment because they were worried about the damage.

Oops, sorry, I don't know how I managed to put this in the puppy forum instead of the general dog one! :oops:Admin, could you please move it for me?

I guess that'd be useful as I've never been in this situation, but as always, it'll come down to cost and ease of collection and return. I would also guess your deposit will also have to cover non-return in case someone decided to keep an item.

Thanks, arealhuman :) The vet's only a few minutes walk away so at least collecting & returning won't be a problem for any of their clients, though I might well also advertise at other vets that aren't too far away. Yes, I'm sure if I didn't ask for a deposit some of those toys would never make it back here again.

OK, makes sense now, sorry I didn't realise about the collection from the vets. Good luck with this venture.

Thank you! They'd be collecting from me, but I meant that if they're able to get to the vet's, they won't have a problem getting to me.

I've emailed the vet to ask for their thoughts. I have a friend working on a logo. Then if the vet is happy, I can start learning how to set up a website.....:eek:

A website isn't too hard these days, especially if you go with one of the providers that offers templates where you can drag and drop stuff to create your layout.

Thank you both! I've had a look at Wordpress and Squarespace at DS2's reecommendation and will probably go with Wordpress. DS2 and OH are both pretty tecchie so should be able to help if I get stuck.

Sadly, I've had to ditch this idea:( I simply can't get insurance cheap enough that I'd break even - my market research has suggested demand will be very low, and as this is a unique venture, insurance quotes have been even higher than, say, for dog boarders for whom the level of risk must be considerably higher.

How frustrating. Have you completely given up the idea or are you still open to suggestions of alternative insurers?

No, I've tried a selection now, including a broker, and it's the same old story. Thanks though xx

Oh no!! I'm really sorry to hear this @JudyN :-( how frustrating for you. Your heart was in the right place!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back