The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Walking Contraptions

Strix

Beagletastic
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What do you have hanging on your dog lead hook?

Anybody visiting our house would be forgiven for thinking we own a full pack of hounds given the arsenal hanging by the back door!

Our current favourite dog walking apparatus is a very nice leather training lead, which can be worn across the body leaving both hands free for toddler wrangling (else its clip at either end allows simultaneous beagle and toddler restraint :D ), a show lead (which clips to the training lead for toddler participation in dog walking but serves the purpose of discouraging the toddler from running off!), and we've reverted back to a halti to stop the chip hound from hoovering up on walks after he broke his buffalo half check

There are also assorted articles which fall in and out of favour...

... but what's on your doglead hook and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I attach a torch to Alice's lead because we have to walk down a single country lane that has a silly national speed limit - as they do - to get to our country park and cars come round the corners far too fast so it's just for safety at night so they can see us. Very boring! lol

Ours have a lead each - but only one.

We do also have a horse lead rein for training.

One of the leads has a dog treat bag and a poo bag holder thing attached as well....

We have the normal lead, the k9bridle, the short lead (for use when walking around lots of people) and a spare lead (in case we lose both of the others) along with a folding umbrella in its case, a really good torch for late night poo picking and a tray underneath with the Western European poo bag mountain in it.

Then alongside that we've got the really big jar of chopped dried black pudding, a couple of packets of Dreamies (for cat bribery purposes) and a stainless steel cat bowl with a few bits of dried food it (for shaking outside to call for Al from far and wide).

EDIT- we do have a training lead, assorted harnesses and the like, but most of them are kept in the toolbox in the boot of the car or in the box in the pet cupboard which is kept for transporting dogs for rescues. That has half a dozen harnesses of different sizes, a couple of muzzles and a whole load of different sized collars and leads, just in case they are needed.

Strix - I love the idea of the lead you mentioned that goes across the body. I'm off to google it now cos it will be perfect for my sister!

About 20 leads including leather ones, webbing ones, fleece ones, plaited nylon ones and rope slip ones.....all in varying colours.

About 10 collars......as above.

A bag of toys..........as above.

hahahaha.........and there's room for more!

They're brilliant Jenni - and I can't help thinking that there should be a dog equipment page on every kiddicare/mothercare type website!

This isn't the one we have, but it's got the same arrangement of clips and loops

http://www.bonniedogs.co.uk/made-to-measure-leather-dog-training-leads-p1280
My one like that is made of webbing and lives in the box in the car as it's brilliant for using with the ground screw when we're visiting people with only small gardens.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back