The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogforumuk team going on tour - Can you help?

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Around the end of September Oliver, Dennis and myself would like to travel up to Scotland by car. We would love to stop off at as many of our dog directory listings as possible on the way (and the way back!)

Can you help us?

Is there anywhere you recommend we go along the way?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

I live in Scotland and travel quite extensively. If you can give me an idea of where you actually want to visit I am happy to recommend places (and walks) if I know them.

Thanks @JoanneF -

We will be travelling from Bristol and ideally I would like to end up at Fort William. I have always wanted to go on the steam train which travels over the viaduct.

I quite like the idea of somewhere in these places:

Yorkshire Dales
Lake District
Peak District

and basically any other beautiful hotspots on that route. Sorry I know it's very vague!

Depending on how you come north, try to drive the A84/A85 and visit the very dog friendly Killin with pretty waterfalls, then continue on to the A82 (or join it after Killin if you don't have time to visit there) but please try to use that route to approach Fort William. It takes you from Crianlarich, where you can join if not coming from the Killin direction, over the dramatic Rannoch Moor (Harry Potter filming was done here) then down through the spectacular and atmospheric Glen Coe. The huge mountain Buchaille Etive Mor is on your left towards the end of the Glen, Aonach Eagach ridge, which climbers are only permitted to use in one direction as it is too dangerous to pass, is on your right. Watch out for red deer. I don't mean on the horizon, I mean watch you don't hit one! Going down into Glencoe village you can turn sharp right and follow the road back in the direction you just came for half a mile then turn left into a car park for waymarked woodland trails and a pretty little lochan. You can walk anything from a mile and a bit to about four miles by combining the trails. Fort William is then about a half an hour drive away.

Taken in Glen Coe 2016
IMG_20160418_220213.jpg

Wow Thankyou for all of that! I will get on the case and look into the route using those roads!

If you want something to eat or drink there is a lovely café on route- Maps - The Cafe Ariete
You could also visit - Moffat, Lockerbie its such an amazing walk and also molly loved this walk when it was cold and warm, but this is first on route before the café ariete.

Looks beautiful! Timber looks like he’s enjoying himself :)

Hmm, looks as if we will have to come to Scotland again for a holiday. We have friends near "Dingwall". (Garve)

Dingwall was where Mr F and I had our first romantic weekend away together (over 30 years ago). It wasn't good. There was a cat in the guest house and he is really allergic so he spent the whole night awake with his head out the window trying to breathe. I spent the whole night awake listening to him wondering how the hell I was going to explain it to my mother if he died.

Is that the Loch Killin Monster in the last photo?:eek:
I'm very glad you noticed that. It's an extremely rare freshwater porpoise, related to the minke whale (distinguishable by the small dorsal fin). Or at least that's what it will be on Sunday next week when we visit my lovely but rather gullible SIL!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back