The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Doggles - dog glasses

Dogica

DOGICA 3D World of Dog & Puppy --- > www.dogica.co
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So.. how about that? : )

Does anybody owns such a thing for his\her pet?

How the dog reacts? Does he likes or hates it?

Doggles-Dog-Goggles-1.jpg

And... are there any glasses for dog, which aren't protective but magnifying, just like for humans?

Yes I have a pair for both my Whippet and my Shih Tzu, the reason is I have an open top car and I wish to protect their eyes as I protect mine. They quickly got used to wearing them and don't try and take them off. I have never heard of any with corrective lenses.

I don't know of any with corrective lenses either, and I'm not sure that it would be possible to get them to a proper prescription with full focus because so much of an eye test is subjective with working out which lens creates the best focus (and dogs aren't known for their ability to read eye charts!).

As for protective goggles, I know several dogs that wear either doggy shades/goggles like Doggles or a protective eye screen, for sensible reasons. Various friends have outdoor dogs that need their eyes protecting from the sun, and quite a lot of dogs with visual issues need to wear things to protect their eyes because they aren't aware when they're walking into things which can damage their eyes, and we've also had quite a lot of dogs through recently who have lived in coal bunkers or other similarly dark places and who just can't cope with how bright the world is when they are removed from them. These dogs need to protect their eyes, at least for the first few weeks as their eyes become accustomed to bright light.

The dogs have sore or fragile eyes are often protected better with a visor rather than goggles, partly because the visor stands more proud and distributes knocks further around the head, and partly because the air circulates better and if you're wearing them full time, the skin and eyes do better with some circulating air. The visors that the rescue's dogs wear are Optivizor ones.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back