The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs itchy skin sore

hollysh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a dog staying with me at the moment. She cant stop scratching under her arm and its red. The owner told me that she has had problems with allergies in the past and has just come off steroids. She also suffers from pancreatitis but he said since they changed her diet and took her off the steroids shes been fine. She seems fine in herself. Would you advise to put anything on it? Ive tried sudocreme but she licks it off. 

Do you have any coconut oil? It has the advantage of being harmless if she licks it off. Use it sparingly though, the fat content might trigger her pancreatitis. Just melt a little in your hands and massage it in. If you are concerned about licking do it just before a walk. What food is she on, grain free might be good if she is itchy? And what is the fat content (you have to have very low fat content for dogs with pancreatitis)?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back