The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs never walked

Batgirl44

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

My neighbour has 5 dogs 3 labs and 2 pugs. They never go out for walks i feel so sad for them. I guess there's nothing i can do to help them is there?

Also the back garden is covered in dog poo they let them out to do their business then straight back in again. The poo is just left to rot!

They are fed and have a home am i best to just ignore it, hard when i see them sat in the window with big sad eyes

Thanks

Legally they are probably providing a level of care that is acceptable. Dogs are required to have -

Freedom from hunger and thirst

Freedom from discomfort

Freedom from pain, injury and disease

Freedom to behave normally / exhibit natural behaviours

Freedom from fear and distress

So it's unlikely any organisation like the RSPCA would intervene. If the toileting is in a communal area though, Environmental Health might get involved.

Blimey. I feel sad for those dogs, but I don't know what you can do to help improve their situation. Perhaps a concerned neighbour might speak to the RSPCA as she has concerns about how they're treated indoors, when they're out of view ;)

Surely if there's heaps of dog waste in back garden then when it's hot it starts to stink so a phone call to the council environmental department will get things rolling.

Difficult one. I think it's crazy that people get dogs when they don't have the time and/or energy to look after them properly. Or at least the adequate income to pay for someone to look after them properly. It would certainly upset me! Though whether to get involved is a tough one. Are your neighbours friendly/approachable? Obviously you do have to continue living next door to them so you don't want to upset them anymore than needed. If they are approachable maybe you could politely suggest in conversation someone you know that does dog walking. Someone close by and friendly. Preferably affordable. Or are you able to offer yourself? I know 5 dogs is a bit of a handful.

Theres 5 teenagers living there too! Not really approachable.

One of the labs got out a few years ago he terrified my kids who were out playing, he was barking and growling leaping around not the dogs fault as he was probably excited to be out, I wouldn't want to take them out in case I couldn't control them.

Just don't get why someone would have 5 dogs inside all day poor things. Think I'm going to phone the environmental dept about the back garden (they have a baby in the house too)

Just wish they had the chance to feel the sun and wind on they're faces.

Thanks for everyone's replies

One of the labs got out a few years ago he terrified my kids who were out playing, he was barking and growling leaping around not the dogs fault as he was probably excited to be out, I wouldn't want to take them out in case I couldn't control them.

Just don't get why someone would have 5 dogs inside all day poor things. Think I'm going to phone the environmental dept about the back garden (they have a baby in the house too)

Sounds like a scum family that don't care on people or the dogs,, I hate these low life's that now live on our estates. Well that's my weekend rant over hehehe.

Sorry do t know why my message posted 3 times!!

They are a bit scummy ha ha

Joanne I just put a cold towel over my head and pour another whisky hehehe

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back