The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs trained by prisoners for adoption

victoriakennedy31

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello fellow dog lovers.

I am currently carrying out research in shelter dog behaviour and adoptability and I would greatly appreciate any of you taking part- I value your opinions!!
It is an online study lasting 10-15 minutes where you have to watch 5 second video clips of dogs and answer some questions about them.

Have fun! (It is fun I promise) :- )
Here is the link-

https://stirlingpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6ijSIVOXJdRS0Hr

Victoria

Sorry, I started the survey, but 40 sets of responses for dogs is just too many.

My issue wasn't with the number of dogs to assess. I would have happily done that. But 5 seconds is nowhere near enough time to assess with a legitimate reason whether I think a dog is adoptable. A few seem clear within that time (but what happens next?), but so many I just kept watching the clip over and over and thinking there's nowhere near enough information here so anything I said would be a total guess. I suppose I could have said unadoptable due to not enough information.

I'm pretty good with dog body language, even in short spaces of time, but this isn't enough information.

In fact every survey that has been posted on the forum has had major flaws that have stopped me from completing them. Some to do with bias, some to do with not providing relevant options, some just showing a complete lack of understanding on the part of the surveyor about the subject they're asking about so in turn the questions and options were completely irrelevant :(

I'm happy to help people learning, but so far I haven't been able to :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back