The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket!

Grack

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sassi and Orni are our 6 months old whips and what an incredible 5 months! We’ve always been dog parents, loosing our last lovely black lab Lucy 18 months ago, and have had a wide variety of breeds but never a whippet. They are sisters and Sassi is mine and Orni belongs to my husband. The difference in character is enchanting. We feel that at this later part of our lives we have, perhaps, happened onto the most sensitive, loving and sweet natured of breeds. Oh, and did I mention fun!!

Recently, they’ve discovered the joy of unwrapping presents. Here presents don’t have to be addressed to them! We’ve had deliveries of food and other things for a very long time but over the past few weeks it’s been a question of seeing who gets there first - them or us! The photos below show the results of a delivery to our carport.

226A11A7-0B11-46A1-BA17-BA4FD4F095E6.jpeg
F6AB9ACC-5973-496D-B601-9BA73CEC90C9.jpeg
3B008212-8EA8-4C97-9029-AE0942A9A496.jpeg

Oh that DID make me chuckle! Well done whippies.

What fun! Dare I ask what all those eggs did to their digestion... have you had to open all the windows in the house?

Thanks, Judy, and yes, I was apprehensive about their tummies but not a single problem. That’s possibly because they are used to a raw egg or two but mind you that’s not a couple of dozen!

Oh that DID make me chuckle! Well done whippies.
Thanks, Hemlock, we are still chuckling. We can add to the list - two stainless steel kitchen sink waste strainer baskets, a bottle of hair conditioner, a dozen individually boxed soap bars and a bone china mug which was carefully unpacked without damage. These occurrences are all at different times and when they think we don’t know and no they don’t just run wild! They do, however, take these special “presents” up to their opening spot on a high place in the back garden. We are getting much better at interception.

Welcome to whippet world. They are a very particular breed but I suppose that’s what everyone will say about their dog. I’m afraid we’ve only had whippets - found our first as an abandoned 6 month year old and adopted a rescue as company and when they passed on we adopted Mabel. There’s something amazing about sighthounds - not quite a dog but more effusive than a cat. I wish you a very happy co existence with your fun pair (and welcome to the Forum).

Sighthounds are so different in how their brains are wired to other dog breeds ...we have owned lurchers and whippet types for over 40 years now ...we only have Victor left and he is amazing at 15 ....still has his odd days of running around the garden ....is as bright as a button and his back legs aren't too bad at the moment....

Sighthounds are so different in how their brains are wired to other dog breeds ...we have owned lurchers and whippet types for over 40 years now ...we only have Victor left and he is amazing at 15 ....still has his odd days of running around the garden ....is as bright as a button and his back legs aren't too bad at the moment....

thanks, Tinytom, that is already a very true insight to my mind. We are simply in love with the breed and clearly you feel that way about Victor.

Welcome to whippet world. They are a very particular breed but I suppose that’s what everyone will say about their dog. I’m afraid we’ve only had whippets - found our first as an abandoned 6 month year old and adopted a rescue as company and when they passed on we adopted Mabel. There’s something amazing about sighthounds - not quite a dog but more effusive than a cat. I wish you a very happy co existence with your fun pair (and welcome to the Forum).
Thank you so much, RCG, you put your finger on something I hadn’t been able to when you made a cat comparison. I’ve had cats for many years as well as dogs until about 20 years ago I just couldn’t take them being killed on the road even though we’ve always lived very rurally.

Mabel is a lucky girl to have you!

Reactions: RGC
Thank you so much, RCG, you put your finger on something I hadn’t been able to when you made a cat comparison. I’ve had cats for many years as well as dogs until about 20 years ago I just couldn’t take them being killed on the road even though we’ve always lived very rurally.

Mabel is a lucky girl to have you!
Thank you. Mabel’s partner in crime - George (another rescue).
8671FD9D-68B5-481D-B0D5-E49FBD4CE2FD.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back