The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

"Dual Sire" Matings.

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Read earlier today on one of the other sections about matings taking place in Finland & the USA where they purposely use two stud dogs. One natural mating with stud A and atificial with stud B on the same day and then reverse a few days later, which has resulted in split litters when DNA has been done once the pups were old enough.

Imagine being able to kill two birds with one stone, you could even choose to line with a sprinter and a stayer and have your own bend & straights dogs out the same litter :lol:

Would also be a lot easier for those of us who find it hard to narrow it down to JUST ONE stud dog.

Sounds a lot of messing about for the bitch but im actually warming to the idea - god imagine the agro you'd get when it came to registering them though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the link 2 Sires 1 Dam = same litter

Forgot to say, my grandad lined a bitch years ago to a racing whippet and a few days later she jumped the fence and lined with a scruffy mongrel, results 5 whippet pups and a hairy lurcher type thing :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had read this with interest and thought about the complications of registering etc. did wonder how long before it reached the non ped section. :) I have to say i think it would be more trouble than deciding which dog to use though, but suppose it could have its advantages if bitch missed with one chances are you would still get a litter out of the other :wacko:

Seen this happen before , my friend used to breed great Danes.. one of her bitches got out and was caught off a x breed a few days after her great Dane lining... litter resulting in some mongrels and some great Danes puppy's

There was a none ped litter breed a few years ago ... 2 different stud dogs used ..the bitch had 2 pups , 1 pup identical to one stud dog the other was like the other stud dog, i wont name the dogs or bitch as some folk can be funny lol :- "

so what stud dog would the points go to if the litter was all champs lol (w00t) very interesting :thumbsup:

The ultimate test of a male racing dogs mettle ...

... the sperm race :lol:

hellbound said:
so what stud dog would the points go to if the litter was all champs lol  (w00t) very interesting  :thumbsup:
Which ever stud dogs the winning dogs father, which DNA will prove which pup belongs to which stud dog :wacko:

hellbound said:
so what stud dog would the points go to if the litter was all champs lol  (w00t) very interesting  :thumbsup:
What i've read is that all the litter get tattood, then at 4 weeks have their DNA swabs taken along with the mother and both sires. The swabs are sent back to the lab along with the earmarks / tattoo of each swab and then obviously they will let you know the father of each.

the way breeding is at the moment is bad enough without it being made more debatable.

my opinion is leave well alone and stick to the natural way :cheers: :oops:

it's all extra cost on the price of pups ect. :)

JOHNG said:
the way breeding is at the moment is bad enough without it being made more debatable.my opinion is leave well alone and stick to the natural way :cheers:   :oops:

John can you please clarify your opinion of "the way breeding is today" :thumbsup:

Fleesh said:
JOHNG said:
the way breeding is at the moment is bad enough without it being made more debatable.my opinion is leave well alone and stick to the natural way :cheers:   :oops:

John can you please clarify your opinion of "the way breeding is today" :thumbsup:

[/qu

sorry no i can't!! just my opinion :thumbsup:

Sorry JohnG I was just unable to work out why you thought dog breeding was "in a bad way"

You edited your post after I asked the question, your additional comment clarified my query quite nicely thankyou :D

Fleesh said:
Sorry JohnG I was just unable to work out why you thought dog breeding was "in a bad way"
You edited your post after I asked the question, your additional comment clarified my query quite nicely thankyou  :D

BIGUNS, the way its going :wacko:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back