The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Early Morning Stroll

nigelmcfc

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Me and my lad took advantage of the clocks going back an hour and had a nice early stroll this morning out in Derbyshire. We`re moving to the Lancs /Yorks Dales borders in a couple of weeks , so it was a last look at some favourite ground for perhaps quite a while. It was quite nostalgic in a way, as I`ve been walking over these parts for many years now, and had the memory of old dogs now departed coursing hares around here with me all the time I was out.

Heres a couple of pics from this morning , Tess and Tia had a good run, there are a few conies around here and a few more of the larger variety, needless to say both the dogs are well asleep now , after having an excellent run out

301005.JPG

301005__6_.JPG

what a lovely start to the day

good luck with your move, hope you have many more happy memories to add to the ones you've been thinking about today :luck:

What a beautiful area to leave, but going to the Yorkshire Dales area cana't be all bad!! Good luck with your move, :cheers: what is the nearest town to your new home - tell me if I am being too nosey!!

We`ll be living in a village between Colne and Skipton . It`s a lovely place and not far from great places we know in the Dales . It`s a big change for us all though, but we`re looking forward to it. Hopefully, solicitors permitting (w00t) we`ll be over there mid Nov

nigelmcfc said:
We`ll be living  in a  village between Colne and Skipton . It`s a lovely place and not far from great places we know in the Dales . It`s a big change for us all though, but we`re looking forward to it. Hopefully, solicitors permitting  (w00t) we`ll be over there mid Nov

I know the area well, I live in Colne!!! Not a bad choice at all!

nigelmcfc said:
We`ll be living  in a  village between Colne and Skipton . It`s a lovely place and not far from great places we know in the Dales . It`s a big change for us all though, but we`re looking forward to it. Hopefully, solicitors permitting  (w00t) we`ll be over there mid Nov
Hi there nigel i've some rabbiting permission near harrogate. we were up there on thursday and we got 55.you won't have any problems finding permission i'm sure. i'll let you know when i'm up there again and maybe you may like a couple of hours with us.

Thanks for all your good wishes , we`ve always wanted to move out into the countryside

and this is like a dream come true for us . It`s an area I know slightly and have always liked. When the chance of a job came up , there was only one answer!!

Thanks for the offer Mally, I`ll take you up on it . Let me know when you`re up that way and we`ll sort something out . Hopefully I will have some permission on a nice part of the Dales soon, if so I`ll reciprocate the offer if possible.

How`s the pup going by the way?, I`ve put back our pup from Mike til Jan, he has another litter due then , so hopefully we`ll be settled by then.

nigelmcfc said:
How`s the pup going by the way?, I`ve put back our pup from Mike til Jan, he has another litter due then , so hopefully we`ll be settled by then.
the pup (tilly) is doing fine she went for a swim yesterday in the canal, the only problem was i had to help her out due to the concrete sides and i got wet through!!

Her training is going quite smoothly she stays at heel off the lead, stays on command, stops on command. She will sit and lay down on command. She retrieves a rabbit skin and is very good with the ferrets and she is only 15weeks old.

We will be going rabbiting again when the weather gets colder.

From experience in the area we go, the rabbits move lower down the moor onto the grass land and the areas we have already ferreted therefore replenishing the prevously empty warrens.

I'll let you know when were going again

Sounds like she will be a good un for you Mally , I`m looking forward to getting our pup once the house move is done and dusted. It`s a long time since I`ve had a pup to train as all my current dogs have come to me as saplings , so it`s been a case of giving them a crash course to try and get them to where I`d like them to be . The whippet and the whippet x collie are both rescues, so I`m unsure of their early background

Well, after a month of delays , d--k head solicitors and all we are finally on the move tomorrow. Hopefully will be back online soon, waiting for the broadband to be installed at the new house . It`s a weird feeling to be moving after so many years at our current house , but a pleasant one too . Looking forward to getting out and about and exploring the countryside, have already got a nice bit of rabbiting permission thanks to a lad who works with me , so things are looking good

Well, we`ve done it!!! We`re finally over here and in our new house. The move was a bit stressfull , couldn`t get the van down the lane to our house, which meant a lot more humping around than we would have liked. Only got about another 100 boxes to unpack so we`re doing well lol!!

We love the house , and the area is fantastic, 2 mins and we`re out in the fields and countryside that surrounds usThe dogs are loving it seen a few rabbits about too.

nigelmcfc said:
Well, we`ve done it!!! We`re finally over here and in our new house. The move was a bit stressfull , couldn`t get the van down the lane to our house, which meant a lot more humping around than we would have liked. Only got about another 100 boxes to unpack so we`re doing well lol!!
We love the house , and the area is fantastic, 2 mins and we`re out in the fields and countryside that surrounds usThe dogs are loving it  seen a few rabbits about too.

Hey up there nigel, remember me, keith, hope you are keeping well, and good luck with the move

Hope you settle in well Nigel :thumbsup: Moving is soooo sressful but enjoyable too as you get to know your new area local pubs!! (w00t)

Good luck :luck: :luck:

Hi Keith , yes I remember you , how is your pup? It`s a different world over here, I`ve been working over here since Jul , so we decided to make the move. We`re on the Lancs /Yorks dales border , beautiful countryside and a nice place for the kids to grow up.

Got another whippet on the way too, we`re having a pup from Mike Brown of Sooty Sam

fame in Jan , a blue bitch.

There should be plenty to keep them all busy round here!!

nigelmcfc said:
Hi Keith , yes I remember you , how is your pup? It`s a different world over here, I`ve been working over here since Jul , so we decided to make the move. We`re on the Lancs /Yorks dales border , beautiful countryside and a nice place for the kids to grow up.Got another whippet on the way too, we`re having a pup from Mike Brown of Sooty Sam

fame in Jan , a blue bitch.

There should be plenty to keep them all busy round here!!

Hi Nigel, our pups doing just fine thanks, i saw Mike browns litter in countrymans weekly, good luck with the pup, enjoy your mooching

keith

Well we`ve had a couple of mooches and there seems to be a fair rabbit population locally :D

Just got back from a 1st stroll over a local farm where the farmer has been kind enough to give us permission . Looks like there are a few bunnies about , we bolted a couple for the dogs . Also a couple of the larger variety too!!! Happy days !!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back