The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

East Anglian Whippet Racing Club

Carol Brown

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We had our AGM at the clubs ground prior to racing

I would like to thank the members who came for contributing to the meeting, which went off very smoothly with no hipcups, and was over in roughly an hour.

The presentation for The Best Dog & Bitch for 2011 was made and the winners were Dog RAFFLES .

Joint 2nd Marley and Riches To Rags, 4th Ellobeko, 5th Rather Special and 6th Heross.

Best Bitch was PRETTY COLOR 2nd Satin Sings, 3rd Windfly Tilly, 4th Stripey Nancy, and joint 5th Windfly Rosie and Ize A Coming.

We also give a trophy for The Most Improved Dog/Bitch for 2011 which was presented to David Grant for WINDFLY ROSIE.

Well done to all.

Racing was for The Swagman Cup followed, which was run over 120 yds scratch, 2 rounds, all the 1sts from the 4 heats whent into the Final for the Cup, 2nds ran against the 2nds from each heat, 3rds against 3rds & 4ths against 4ths, results as follows.

Round 1

Race 1

2 Ellobeko

N/R Bright Star

1 Cairdean Koshimi

3 Meis

Race 2

2 Pretty Color

4 Bella

1 Raffles

3 Windfly Rosie

Race 3

2 Marley

1 Pop Star

3 Heross

4 Windfly Tilly

Race 4

3 Mad For It

2 Riches To Rags

1 Bently

4 Windfly Dusty

Round 2

Final for Swagman Cup Race5

4 Cairdean Yoshimi

3 Raffles

2 Pop Star

1 Bently

Race 6 All the 2nds

4 Ellobeko

3 Pretty Co:eek:r

1 Marley

2 Riches To Rags

Race 7 All the 3rds

3 Meis

4 Windfly Rosie

2 Heross

1 Mad For It

Race 8 All the 4ths

2 Bella

1 Windfly Tilly

3 Windfly Dusty

There were some very closs racing & the meeting was enjoyed by all, with many trials showing great improvement with the younsters taking part.

Food and drink left over from christmas was set out together with Sue Lloyds fresh cooked Sausage Plat and Bread Pudding which was greatly enjoyed.

Our next meeting is Sunday 29th January.

Please book in.

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nice to get back to Sunday's out after the Christmas break - and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be!

I was pleasantly surprised with Billy's winning of the Best Dog 2011 shield, I had no idea we were even competing for it! We won the Bitch version a few times in the nineties (well done Gavin with Pretty Color!) but used to have mainly bitches. As Gavin pointed out - I have done the double with Raffles, as he also won Harvel's equivalent shield. I now need to find a club that races Wednesday and go for the treble next season (w00t)

Well done to Dave & Sandra with Bentley's win in the Swagman :thumbsup: Billy doesn't appreciate racing him off scratch though - I have had to give him loads of treats by way of consolation :teehee:

Talking of treats - I have finally got Billy on the treadmill, and the trick is ...... food! It helped me having a couple of weeks off over xmas - I was able to put him on for just a few seconds at a time, then treat him. He now puts himself on!!!

It was nice to get back to Sunday's out after the Christmas break - and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be!
I was pleasantly surprised with Billy's winning of the Best Dog 2011 shield, I had no idea we were even competing for it! We won the Bitch version a few times in the nineties (well done Gavin with Pretty Color!) but used to have mainly bitches. As Gavin pointed out - I have done the double with Raffles, as he also won Harvel's equivalent shield. I now need to find a club that races Wednesday and go for the treble next season (w00t)

Well done to Dave & Sandra with Bentley's win in the Swagman :thumbsup: Billy doesn't appreciate racing him off scratch though - I have had to give him loads of treats by way of consolation :teehee:

Talking of treats - I have finally got Billy on the treadmill, and the trick is ...... food! It helped me having a couple of weeks off over xmas - I was able to put him on for just a few seconds at a time, then treat him. He now puts himself on!!!

Thanks Ian and well done to Billy on winning the double, he did you proud last year :thumbsup: . I'm looking forward to seeing him run this year now he's got on the treadmill it will make him stronger.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back