The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ellie May

fra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Got some bad news yesterday at the vets! Took her to Alexander one of the best here if not thee best. I knew already that it wasnt going to be good news but i didnt expect what I heard!

She has damaged the ligaments in her wrists and so therefore due to her age she will never be able to race again. She is to be kept on the lead for another month then she is going for an operation on it, which may not be successful.

I am disgusted with the news because the All Irelands are coming up as this is the race I always wanted to win again with her.

Other racers at the All Irelands this year should have a good chance LOL. She won the title in 2006 and even If I do say it myself was brilliant at it! Then last year in the heat she was beating the dog that won it by about 4 - 5 lenghts when the lure slowed right up, then the dogs from behind ran past her after she stopped to get it.

I will be hoping to breed her one day, I am on the look out for potential suitors :teehee: She has brilliant temperament for racing.

I will be racing my other dog Whistler this year, so I would just like to wish everyone good luck for forthcoming shows! :thumbsup:

Thats awful news Frankie :( Loved the look of Ellie May,when George and I came over to Ireland :thumbsup: Will be watching with interest to see if you breed her. :) Karen

Oh dear :(

Happy Retirement Ellie May :huggles:

Picturefamily038.jpg

When she won The All Irelands in 2006, Alongside her Litter sister Miss Tori who won that year as well.

Picture093.jpg

When she won the Irish game fair in Birr 2007, pictured with my other dog Whistler who came second to her in the same race.

:( Frankie and Nichola I am so sorry to hear about Ellie may and the hopes you had of winning the All Ireland in 2008, I'm sure that when you breed her the pups will be top class and sold before she has even given birth. :thumbsup: Diane.

That's the first time I've seen a picture of Ellie May and The Whistler, both cracking looking dogs, ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Picture of My Brindle Beauty :wub:

Picturefamily010.jpg

FRANKIE IM GENUINELY GUTTED FOR YOU MATE. I CAN HONESTLY SAY YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT COMPETITOR OVER HERE SINCE WE BOTH STARTED THIS GAME. WEVE NEVER DISAGREED ON RESULTS AND ALWAYS LEFT VENUES WITH A REAL HEARTY HANDSHAKE SO IM SORRY THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU. THIS IS A PREMATURE END TO A CRACKING DOGS CAREER AND TO BE HONEST MATE SHES GOT NOTHING TO PROVE ANYWAY SO IM SURE BEING THE TRUE SPORTSMAN YOU ARE YOULL TAKE THIS ON YOUR CHIN ! I HOPE SHE ATLEAST GETS THE LIGAMENTS SORTED OUT AND GETS THE ODD RUN NOW AND THEN.

yours in our great sport

JOHN :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for your comments. :thumbsup:

:huggles: to Ellie May, and happy retirement

Some great pics :thumbsup:

Bad news mate, sorry to hear. Should make for an interesting All ireland this year, no Miss Ellie, no Colt, Whistler could be in with a chance!!

fra said:
Got some bad news yesterday at the vets!  Took her to Alexander one of the best here if not thee best.  I knew already that it wasnt going to be good news but i didnt expect what I heard!
She has damaged the ligaments in her wrists and so therefore due to her age she will never be able to race again.  She is to be kept on the lead for another month then she is going for an operation on it, which may not be successful.

I am disgusted with the news because the All Irelands are coming up as this is the race I always wanted to win again with her.

Other racers at the All Irelands this year should have a good chance LOL.  She won the title in 2006 and even If I do say it myself was brilliant at it! Then last year in the heat she was beating the dog that won it by about 4 - 5 lenghts when the lure slowed right up, then the dogs from behind ran past her after she stopped to get it. 

I will be hoping to breed her one day, I am on the look out for potential suitors  :teehee:   She has brilliant temperament for racing. 

I will be racing my other dog Whistler this year, so I would just like to wish everyone good luck for forthcoming shows!  :thumbsup:

sorry to here about your bad news frankie hope every thing goes ok with opp and all the best off luck with whistler :thumbsup:

streaky said:
Bad news mate, sorry to hear. Should make for an interesting All ireland this year, no Miss Ellie, no Colt, Whistler could be in with a chance!!
Eamon youre a gegg :lol: Its Ellie May, my wee girl keeps calling all our dogs Miss Ellie as well, even Whistler lol :lol:

Im so sorry to hear this about 'Ellie May' :( i know exactly how u both feel.. :( we were the same when 'Miss Tori' shattered her toe.. :( but if anyone can fix her wrists Alexander is the one to do it.. :thumbsup: hope all goes well for her as she is a great dog :thumbsup:

Rose :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Miss Madam said:
Im so sorry to hear this about 'Ellie May' :(   i know exactly how u both feel.. :( we were the same when 'Miss Tori' shattered her toe.. :(   but if anyone can fix her wrists Alexander is the one to do it.. :thumbsup:   hope all goes well for her as she is a great dog :thumbsup:
Rose :)

Lets hope he can make her better! Did you get my PM about my phone?

fra said:
Picturefamily038.jpg

When she won The All Irelands in 2006, Alongside her Litter sister Miss Tori who won that year as well.

Frankie & Nicola we are so sorry to hear about Ellie May :(

she's in good hands with Alexander, only the best :thumbsup:

Deirdre & Patsy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back