The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Entering stakes and snubbing the breed

stonefox

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have heard a few comments lately regarding people attending Championship shows simply to enter stakes classes and 'snubbing' the breed.  How do people feel about this and do they regard it as a 'snub' to the breed?

Regards - Kat.

I may be wrong, often am :D , but isn't their only one exception to exhibitors entering stakes classes and NOT the breed classes and  that is with Champions.

We also heer arguments that Ch's should be kept in a class of their own and eligible for BOB but not eligible for the CC.

I do NOT agree with that option as it would make Champions even easier to attain than now. IMNSHO to get a male made up is a lot easier than making a bitch up.

Anyway back on topic :) I can see no reason why someone enters Ch stakes and not the breed. Why?

Maybe the judge has already awarded CH Whatever of Wherever a CC and the owner doesn't want to be seen as CC bagging (maybe they could be worried they wouldn't get it a 2nd time) OR the dog's owner doesnt want the breed judges opinion as they (owner) does not respect the judges opinion.

There is no reason to prevent anyone taking part in their hobby as long as the rules are followed (now that is another subject!!!)

I thought it was only veterans that could be entered in stakes classes without going in a breed class - or am I wrong again?!! Of course, the Champion may well be a veteran...... :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back