The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Everyone Loves Dina

Hula

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was asked to take Dina just over 5 years ago . She was almost 8 years old and was being PTS . Her breeder did not want her back and in fact was quite happy for her to be PTS . I already had 4 dogs , the number I am most comfortable with . I did suggest whippet rescue but this was not an option . I do occasionally have 5 dogs in a special case . Dina was a special case and I took her . She weighed 18kg and her correct weight is 12 kg . I had to housetrain her as she was not housetrained .

I had her spayed as this had not been done .

Her biggest problem was she sneezed out copious amounts of mucous frequently . She had every investigation known and eventually it was decided she had a housedust mite allergy .

Various medications were tried but none made much difference .

So she had to sleep downstairs . The house has to be kept very clean and all her bedding washed every day . This really helps and as long as we stick to this her problem is managed .

Dina is the nicest most non aggressive dog I have ever met . I have never met a dog who understands other dogs body language like Dina does . She avoids any confrontation expertly .

I am so glad Dina came to live with us . She has enriched our lives in so many ways .

All the other dogs adore her especially the youngsters . When we got our little whippet pup in January Dina was in heaven !

Here is Dina with her adoring fans :wub:

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

I love those pictures, all snuggled :wub:

awwwwwwwwwwwww

lovely photos love the 2nd one 3 in a bed

Beautiful pictures, what a little star Dina is...as you are for taking her in :thumbsup:

How lovely that her story has had such a happy outcome :)

What a special lady Dina is, & what a beautiful nature. So heart warming that you have provided such a lovely home for her over the years :wub: :wub:

Bless beautiful Dina :wub:

Lovely pic. I cant believe how big Evie is all of a sudden :wub:

...another wonderful Oldie...good to hear her story and lovely photos too!

:wub: i really enjoyed reading that :wub:

lovely piccys ;)

Dina is such a darling. I aways love your photos of her. She seems so calm and good natured. :wub: :wub:

Lovely pictures and Dina sounds such a wonderful girl :huggles: its so sad to think that she could have been put to sleep if you hadn't taken her in. Beautiful girl :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pictures, Alison :wub: and Dina looks so happy :D

Can't believe how much Evie has grown (w00t) - what happened to that tiny little puppy? :blink:

Aww dont you agree Whippets are like a good Wine,..... they just get better and better with age, :wub: :wub:

What beautiful pictures,...and your pup is looking gorgeous :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww dont you agree Whippets are like a good Wine,..... they just get better and better with age, :wub: :wub:
What beautiful pictures,...and your pup is looking gorgeous :wub:

I totally agree . I love my little Evie , she is so beautiful and funny but there is something sooooooo special about the oldies :wub:

What gorgeous photographs ... she does look like a very special older lady :wub: And a lucky one too to have been taken in by you :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back