The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gold @Excuseme Pregnancy Diary

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm afraid there is nothing new to report at the moment, still very early days ;) only 3 weeks today.
I'm sure there will be a lot more news later in the pregnancy. Remember due date is not until the 8th Feb.
I will still try to send pictures on nice days.

I am trying very hard to find some differences so early in the pregnancy.
I was looking at the tummy this morning and noticed that "Sika's" teats were looking a little more "pink" than usual (a good sign) and that her milk bar is looking a little more shapely. I am not saying that she is bagging up, just that she has a little more shape. The pictures do not show the pink teats in these pictures.
RESIZED SIKA tummy DEC 20117 001.jpg
RESIZED SIKA tummy DEC 20117 002.jpg

I can't decide whether to scan or not, the pink teats is a good sign and the very slightly fuller shape.
I know that everyone would like to know, I will ask my vet on Tuesday how early they will scan for a pregnancy.

Ah, we shouldn't push you! There is also the relaxin test which confirms pregnancy but not numbers of course.

Excuse my complete ignorance, but what is a milk bar? And thanks for the update, it does make for an enjoyable read! :)

You'll know soon enough anyway, scan or not;) Though it strikes me that it could be really useful to know how many pups are in there so you can start lining up potential homes.

Will you be keeping any?

I know that time will tell and that she is either pregnant or not, I am not really desperate to know!
It would just be nice for everyone on here to know as soon as possible.

We would like to keep a girl for ourselves, we will see how things go. We may have a litter of all boys!

We must make sure we all have a guess at how many pups there will be and when and what time they will be born! I will send a box of chocolates to the one closest to due date.

* main thing is she is pregnant and they are all healthy obviously *

Your welcome!
It's just second nature for me to call it a "Milk Bar", because for the puppies, that's what it is.:rolleyes:

Your welcome!
It's just second nature for me to call it a "Milk Bar", because for the puppies, that's what it is.:rolleyes:
Ah, I get it now. I'm a bit slow - even more so than normal - due to various Christmas/New Year over indulgences :rolleyes:

Our girl is beginning to look pregnant, with 4 weeks gone and 5 more to go her tummy is changing and her lovely slim waist has now gone. There is no need for a scan, I am not worried about numbers, just want a easy pregnancy and a happy mum to be.

Morning @excuseme - I just wondered, will your girl still do everything she did before? Is there a stage where you have to say “sorry you can’t come with us today!”

Morning @excuseme - I just wondered, will your girl still do everything she did before? Is there a stage where you have to say “sorry you can’t come with us today!”

* Afternoon duh! *

Our vet is quiet happy for her to continue normal hunting duties until she is 6 weeks. Everything will be on her terms and she will make the decisions, if for any reason she did not want to work we would never ask her to make an extra effort.
Once we have reached the 6 week stage we will not take her working with us but she will still have normal daily walks/exercise. She will not be treated like an invalid and "wrapped in cotton wool", her life will remain as normal and as active as she wants and feels like doing.

Last edited:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back