The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gold @Excuseme Pregnancy Diary

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ah and there I was imagining her with her feet up on the sofa watching day time tv and eating junk food! :D:D

Any signs of plumpness going on @excuseme?

Will you keep any of the pups?

We are planning to keep a girl puppy. We could have a litter of all boys !! In which case we would not keep one.
I have not forgotten about pictures, 5 weeks completed and tomorrow is the start of week 6, she has quiet a bulge!

Aw exciting! :D

Yes that would be typical wouldn’t it!

Look forward to seeing how she has progressed when you get chance :)

I'm so sorry everyone, I have not yet managed any updated pictures for you. At the moment it's just a matter of finding time! Growth is quiet slow at the moment and still being well hidden inside mum. There are times when she lies down or standing in certain positions that you can see her waist line has disappeared and that she does have a bulge, however catching the right moment is not always easy!:rolleyes:
As she was such a lean girl I have increased her food rations a little, I do not want her to actually get too fat but she must have enough food to grow her puppies and still maintain a sensible body condition herself.
All of our dogs are raw fed including mum to be.
Please do pester me for more pictures of mum if you think that I am being a bit slow.

You’ve been great @excuseme and it all adds to the suspense!! :)

Sleeping on husbands lap today.
RESIZED Sika 9th to 11th Jan 2018 003.jpg

She’s so gorgeous :oops:

The look of contentment. And the little dark one in the background too!

Everything is going well and life continues as normal.
I have just started feeding mum to be twice a day by cutting the size of her one feed in half and giving it in two halves.
She is quiet a deep girl, and at the moment her size is dropping downwards and not outwards too much, but after feeding and when she cuddles my husband in the evening, she looks quiet large!
We still have 3 weeks to go, and the growth of her puppies will now start to show a lot more, so a lot more exciting!
I am going to make some places where she can use as her own just in case she wants to start looking for nesting places,(behind chairs, in the hall way and under the stairs) I will also tidy up our shed / kennel so that she knows that she can also go out for privacy if she wishes.

Thanks for the update @excuseme :)

So will you allow her to find her own spot to have the puppies?

Are we allowed to guess how many we think she will have? and what date?

She will choose where she wants to have the puppies, but of it is on the sofa (leather and washable) or behind a chair in a bed, she will have to be moved to a more sensible place when she has finished. I think Josie may be running a guessing game about how many puppies, at some time.

Last edited:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back