The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Export Dogs

Glen Loth

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone here have any experiance in exporting dogs to Australia, especially cost and whats involved wih quarintine etc??

thanks in advance

ive sent a few out to exhibitors in queensland.but i didnt pay for it the people importing them did that.if you ask your vet they will tell you what paperwork you need from the ministry.its a few years since i sent any out there so im not sure if anything has changed.i used animal airlines in manchester for all of ours and was very happy with the service.you have to double check with your vet all the papers as the first time i did it i thought my vet at the time was expereiceced cos he said he was. :- " when i went down for the paperwork(the day before morning of the flight) he didnt have it cos he said he thought they sent it to me.so the dogs missed the flight and we had to put them on separate flights after than and it cost the owner a bit more but my vet paid all costs cos he was at fault. ;) they got to a quarantine station in australia all of which if i remember rightly were government run.the care the dogs received in this particular station was well below what i would have expected from a government run station as opposed to a private one.one of the dogs ended up with a broken leg(had been kicked by the sounds of things) :angry: and the owner threatened to sue.anyway after a long costly business the dogs came out and were fine after all.i exported again to the same person a year or two later but that time everything went ok.they have to be flea treated and wormed (it used to be 24 hours before they fly out and has to be done by the vet and paperwork attesting to it has to be signed by him)and they have to have their jabs done too and signed by vet.ive sent dogs to vienna in austria and the paperwork was different and the procedure was too.but the owner was taking the dogs back to austria via france etc and so had to have all jabs etc done and had a lot more paperwork cos he was going through a copuple of countries so had to be sure they were ok as theyre checked at the borders.if you get in touch with a professional animal shipping company like animal airlines theres a lot less mistakes and far less to go wrong.they follow the dog every step of the way and its like a guardian angel watching over them when they fly out there,cos they know what theyre doing and make sure everything runs smoothly :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back