The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Fair-weather gardeners

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone else have a problem convincing their dog at this time of year that you might have a reason for going into the garden other than playing with them? It's very distracting when you're trying to weed and 'Whinge, whine, throw the ball Mum,' 'No I don't want to settle down Mum,' 'No I don't want to go indoors unless you come too Mum.'

Still, it'll get even more annoying when he decides that if I'm going to dig a hole, he might as well dig one too. He's a scarily efficient digger:eek:

Harri loves to help with the gardening. The OH has been nursing some polyanthus plants for years. Each year he plants them around the apple tree in spring then moves them to a corner when it's time for summer bedding.

Except this year. Harri has taken a dislike to them and dug up every single one. He's also helped the squirrels find their buried nuts with lots of holes of his own in the lawn.

The OH insisted we had a male dog as he didn't want his lawn ruined!

Murphy is just waiting for us to set up his pool in the garden .. This weekend is going to be very exciting for him.

I tried to persuade Jasper to have 'water games' in the garden, putting a couple of inches in the base of an old rat cage and throwing kibble into it. You'd think it was sulphuric acid I put in ito_O At least he's chosen not to wallow in the wildlife pond for a couple of years (I've probably jinxed that now), though he'll happily lie in water on walks when he needs to cool off.

Misty seems to think the garden is her kingdom and therefore if I dare set foot in it I will have to pay the price of throwing her ball :rolleyes: to her the garden is of no other importance and any plants will be trampled on :eek:

Misty seems to think the garden is her kingdom and therefore if I dare set foot in it I will have to pay the price of throwing her ball :rolleyes: to her the garden is of no other importance and any plants will be trampled on :eek:

hence the common cohabitation of RAISED BEDS in gardens whose gardeners also have dogs. :p Might be their own dogs, the neighbor's in a common area, the adult kids' dogs, a sibling's dog, ...It's not mere co-incidence, it's sheer self-defense. :D

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 4.41.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 4.42.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 4.43.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 4.43.58 PM.png

- terry

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back