The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Family Connections

milly

Who's Y Daddy?
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
COUNTRYMUSIC.jpg

5 generations back we got two pups out of Country Music, Bow & Penny.

Here you can see Vern with our Bow, I think it was in 1989

TAY.jpg

This is our Tay on the right of the picture, like shit off a shovel this boy :thumbsup:

He was mated to Penny when she was 4 years old........which produced our Milly

milly.jpg

Our old Mily with the bottle which she as just retrieved from the sea :wub: she's 14 this December 25th, what a Christmas pressie to have :thumbsup: sadly, old age is catching up with her now :(

And Milly produced our Ginny & Maisy, and both of them are still with us ;) and are 8 years old :thumbsup:

familyconnections007.jpg

Our Ginny, racing name Mini Ginny, Maisy's sister and Mouse's aunty :thumbsup:

familyconnections003.jpg

One of these 2 is Maisy :lol:

nice to see the old ones still got quality of life

I love to go back to the past pedigrees its my hobby I have books on whos who lol

like you I can trace my pedigrees back to 1948 My first whippet used to race at Somercotes and sutton tracks sadly no more

then in 1964 when Ikeston started i got my first whippet and started racing

she was Viv's Pet Blue Knight +My Fawn

Viv's Pet + Robbo =Viv's Folly

Viv's Folly +Pedlar =Vivs Choice

Viv's Choice + Haymaker = Viv' Omen

Viv's Omen + Rhinesize = Viv's Promise

Viv's Promise + Country Music = Viv's Lyric

Viv's Lyric + Strimmer = viv's Finale

Viv's Finale + Crazy Cracker = viv's Quest

this is just one line Sam viv's Quest

I have other lines with bitches and viv Omen produced ome good pups the small time he was at stud

I have realy enjoyed doing this a lot of memories past by as each dog is mentioned

getting old has some has some rewards not many lol but to recall some of the old great dogs from the past is great

syko said:
nice to see the old ones still got quality of life I love to go back to the past pedigrees its my hobby I have books on whos who lol

like you I can trace my pedigrees back to 1948 My first whippet used to race at Somercotes and sutton tracks sadly no more

then in 1964 when Ikeston started i got my first whippet and started racing

she was Viv's Pet Blue Knight +My Fawn

Viv's Pet + Robbo =Viv's Folly

Viv's Folly +Pedlar =Vivs Choice

Viv's Choice  + Haymaker = Viv' Omen

Viv's Omen + Rhinesize  = Viv's Promise

Viv's Promise + Country Music = Viv's Lyric

Viv's Lyric + Strimmer = viv's Finale

Viv's Finale + Crazy Cracker = viv's Quest

this is just one line Sam viv's Quest

I have other lines with bitches and viv Omen produced ome good pups the small time he was at stud

I have realy enjoyed doing this a lot of memories past by as each dog is mentioned

getting old has some has some rewards not many lol but to recall some of the old great dogs from the past is great

That's alot of history Don :thumbsup: I think our paths would have crossed in 1964 at Hillstown wrc :thumbsup: you old bugger :lol:

Eyup Don,Can you remember big Mick Rushby who was in the Hillstown club?He had a fantastic dog called Joe :thumbsup: I had a pup out of a greyhound x Joe and I used it for lurchering.What a bloody good dog it was! :thumbsup:

I may have come across him used to love to go to hillstown had lots of good times in the welfare

bearing in mind then no motorways and very few cars

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Great pictures Geoff and lovely to see the old dogs in such good condition, ;) did you find any pictures of Sugar Fire for me to look at please.??? :thumbsup: Di.

gabbitas31 said:
:) Great pictures Geoff and lovely to see the old dogs in such good condition, ;) did you find any pictures of Sugar Fire for me to look at please.??? :thumbsup: Di.
I'm still on the case :thumbsup: I'm sure I've got one somewhere :unsure:

Thanks for the compliments :)

Geoff

Crikey - Ginny (w00t) bet she was fast away :lol: :wub:

Don, have you not got no pic's of your list of dogs? Good that you can go back so far and have maintained your own line for so long :thumbsup:

GAVE DON A 1970S WHIPPET NEWS WITH FULL PAGE ARTICLE ON VIVS PET WOULD BE GREAT IF IT COULD BE REPRODUCED ON K9.SO INTERESTING LOOKING BACK ON THE BREEDING OF OUR GREAT SPORT.

Oh god Rob don't get me started :lol:

If Don brings it to the next open at Highgate i'll get it scanned and put up. He did show it me at Blidworth, it's a good article.

Rob Don & Ruth made a TV series think Late 70's about racing whippets ...ive got it on DVD somewhere :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
familyconnections008.jpg

This liitle girls name is buzzing round at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sugar Mouse :wub: o:)

Love these topics on past times and dogs :thumbsup: Keep em coming :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back