The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Favourite dog breeds

Jack-Russell-Lover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What are your favourite dog breeds and why?
Breeds that you have?
Breeds you would love to have one day?
Breeds that you love the look of but wouldn't have for any particular reasons?

OR

Breeds that you don't like the look of and wouldn't have?

I love Jack Russells because I think they are really cute, have great personalities and mine is the sweetest dog I've ever come across.

I would love to have more Jacks one day and maybe some Spaniels of some kind (Springers, Cockers, Cavaliers)...just love them, they're so gorgeous and are so enthusiastic and sweet natured (the ones I've met anyway, we get a lot through the door at the grooming salon).

I like Poodle crosses and Bichon Frises/Bichon crosses, they are so cute but I don't think I'd have one because of the amount of grooming they take (I know that sounds weird coming from a groomer!)

I don't like the look of brachycephalic (short nosed) breeds like English Bulldogs, Pugs, Shih Tzus etc. I'm sorry if anyone owns any, I'm sure they're lovely dogs, I just personally don't like the way they look. Plus I'd be worried about breathing problems....but I'd be open to crosses :)

I would like a poodle. Smart, funny and in my view, seriously underrated.

I would never have a breed with a high likelihood of health problems because I want to enjoy my dog and be able to do things so if he had health issues these would get in the way. So that for me rules out the brachy breeds and also cavaliers (since you mentioned them) for their high likelihood of heart problems and syringomyelia.

I think salukis are really pretty but I would want a dog to be reliable off lead and I am not confident that many sight hounds are!

I had a cockapoo, i love Dalmatians, and i want a Great Dane, I hate poodles i don't know why but i just don't. At the minute i have a Miniature Schnauzer, called Olive.

I agree with you there @JoanneF about health problems! I would have to do a lot of thinking and research before getting a Cavalier. I love Salukis too, so beautiful!
@Violet Turner I love Great Danes but wouldn't have one because of their short lifespan.
I don't like pure poodles either, just something about them (some people say standards are graceful when they walk/run but I think they look odd, and toys are yappy).... but crosses are fine, apart from Labradoodles, not a fan of those for some reason. Love Schnauzers, Olive is such a cute name :)

I agree with you there @JoanneF about health problems! I would have to do a lot of thinking and research before getting a Cavalier. I love Salukis too, so beautiful!
@Violet Turner I love Great Danes but wouldn't have one because of their short lifespan.
I don't like pure poodles either, just something about them (some people say standards are graceful when they walk/run but I think they look odd, and toys are yappy).... but crosses are fine, apart from Labradoodles, not a fan of those for some reason. Love Schnauzers, Olive is such a cute name :)
Thanks she was a rescue dog from Spain, I also like labradoodles

I like dog dogs.. The ones who track mud into your house and enjoy tramping through the woods in winter..
I love the big dogs Irish wolfhounds, Bouvier des Flanders, Russian terrier , giant schnauzer etc..
But normally spoken we settle for whatever/whoever comes our way.

I'd love a Caucasian Shepherd, but until I move to a farm in the mountains I'll remain Caucasian Shepherdless :p I like guarding and herding breeds really, but a Podenco Canario could come live with me any day. I don't think there's a breed of dog I would rule out. I don't really like the look of brachy breeds or small dogs, but a dog is a dog! I don't have a single favourite breed, but Hovawart's are gorgeous, and Beauceron's, and so are Tamaskan dogs and Dogue de Bordeaux...

Dobermans are alright I guess :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back