The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Fech Smart Pet tag (Dogs and Cats)

Fech

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello All đź‘‹,

Just a quick message to see if you might be interested in my fight towards stopping our pets going missing/getting lost. I’m a police officer in GMP and too often come across lost pets, with that in mind I’ve recently set up a company which offers smart pet tags (QR and NFC) technology that when scanned or tapped links to an online profile for the pet.

I’m not going to lie, it’s hard to get your products out in the world with the way things are online now without spending a SHED LOAD of money. My goal is simple-ish, and that's for every pet in the UK to have a tag, and for people to know what they’re about so should they ever see one they’ll know exactly what to do. This will in-turn stop the million and one “lost pet” posts on Facebook, other social media’s and ultimately stop our family pets to ending up with charities and in kennels.

Currently anyone can order 2 tags completely free (only pay for delivery). There is a small monthly cost for the online profile service of ÂŁ1.99 per month, this is however for an unlimited amount of pets unlike other similar providers out there which cost upwards of ÂŁ5 per month just to have more than 1 pet.

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website: Fech.pet

We look forwards to one day protecting you pet! Lets keep them safe ❤️

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    993.1 KB · Views: 690
  • cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 672
  • Rocky.jpg
    Rocky.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 664
  • 443954399_10160520766398787_6587259028841863674_n.jpg
    443954399_10160520766398787_6587259028841863674_n.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG-20240528-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240528-WA0005.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 655
Dogs are required to be microchipped and wear a tag on their collar with their address on it, many people also choose to put on a phone number. That's a one off cost, I'm not sure what your product (and its monthly subscription) would add to that?

Dogs are required to be microchipped and wear a tag on their collar with their address on it, many people also choose to put on a phone number. That's a one off cost, I'm not sure what your product (and its monthly subscription) would add to that?
Afternoon Joanne,

"I'm not sure what your product (and its monthly subscription) would add to that?"

I'm glad you asked, and so let me explain.

1. Yes it's true that a normal tag can have a number printed on it, but what happens if you change your number?
A: Our online profile, allows you to change your number within seconds without having to re-order a completely new tag.

2. A normal tag can become unreadable due to wear and tear.
A: Our tag is coated in epoxy resin and so would be hard to become unreadable, however if after prolonged use it does, the chip within the tag can also be tapped against the phone to continue bringing the online profile up on any phone.

3. A normal tag can't allow the finder of the pet to send a GPS location to the owners phone.
A: With our tag, any finder of the pet can send an instant GPS location to the owners phone. đź“Ť

4. What information can be displayed on a normal tag?
A: A normal tag can only usual print one phone number due to the size. What if by chance your phone is turned off? Our online profile allows a multitude of information to be displayed which includes "Alternate Contact" should your phone be unreachable, which offers another form of contact for the owner.

Not only this but you can share other information such as name, age, breed, medical conditions, allergies, favourite treat and more importantly the pets temperament around other animals and children in the event of the finder having to look after the pet for a period of time if they cannot instantly make contact with the owner.

5. Lost your tag?
A: Replace it for free.

6. My dog is microchipped, what do I need this for?
A: The same way you still need a tag in public setting. Also even with a microchip, your pet would need to be taken to a place which can read this chip which not all vets/shelters can do. They sometimes have to apply to the company which holds the information and wait for it to be sent back to them, which ultimately always ends up in you footing a hefty bill in-order to collect your pet.

None of this with our tag, all the information can be obtained by anyone with a phone.

7. Monthly Subscription
A: This is for the service of your pet having an online profile. There are costs involved with this and is the reason that there is a monthly subscription. ÂŁ1.99 a month is far cheaper than any other similar service provider out there, and ultimately if we added up the costs of how much we spend on our fur balls, ÂŁ1.99 a month wouldn't scratch the surface.

I ultimately could go on as to the reasons I believe we do more than a normal tag but I'd have to write a small story :)

If you're not sold yet, you never will be which is completely fine! As long as they're safe enough, that's all as as owners we can do!

Take Care
Bradley

Sorry, I'm still not sold on it.

but what happens if you change your number?
Most people will use a mobile these days. Many people don't even have a land line number after super fast broadband did away with that sort of line.
normal tag can become unreadable due to wear and tear.
Of course. But in the same way as I check my dog's collar, lead and harness for wear and tear, makin sure the tag is legible is just another bit of normal care.
normal tag can't allow the finder of the pet to send a GPS location to the owners phone.
True. But the finder hasmcould just phone and say where it it.

I wish you success, I just feel like it's creating a solution for something that isn't actually a problem.

Sorry, I'm still not sold on it.

Most people will use a mobile these days. Many people don't even have a land line number after super fast broadband did away with that sort of line.

Of course. But in the same way as I check my dog's collar, lead and harness for wear and tear, makin sure the tag is legible is just another bit of normal care.

True. But the finder hasmcould just phone and say where it it.

I wish you success, I just feel like it's creating a solution for something that isn't actually a problem.

Hello again,

Thanks for your comments at least, whilst you're not sold on the idea, many do see the benefits of it.

Think of it this way, its just a tag, much the same as what you may already have, but it does much more than just display a phone number and has better technology... and ultimately that's what you pay for.

All the best :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back