The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeding Fish

posh totty

whippet servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
does anyone feed fresh fish ? im lucky enough to live in a town famed for its fish , so have access to cheap herrings or when i chat up the fish monger i get a load of salmon heads i then boil the fish with a bit of rice and feed all the dogs on them , even the cats get it , the heads and tails are fed raw to the ferrets :x

how many of you do feed fish ? :thumbsup:

i feed mine fish often mainly mackrel they love it and good 4 them.

im lucky enough 2 live right on the waters edge,

so i catch loads of fish which i enjoy doing aswell :)

Joe

no such luck here :(

just buy the el cheapo tinned tuna.

After the tsnunami I did worry about that though - wondered what the tuna had been feeding on - couldn't bring myself to eat tuna for a long while afterwards.

Hi, I feed fish those rich in Omega3, to my dog, whenever we have some. Mine loves it, and do alsmost anything to get it. We avoid adding salt before giving it to our dog. I am from Japanl I remember that Japanese dogs used to get all sort of cooked fish and rice when I was child. :)

Im sorry i dont care how good they are for the girls,

i am not cooking them fish :x

They will have to be satisfied with the tinned tuna and

sardines i give them. Oh and not forgetting the dead

fish they find on the beach and fight over.........i hate

the crackle they make when the girls have a tug of war

over them
vomit-smiley-024.gif

posh totty said:
does anyone feed fresh fish ? im lucky enough to live in a town famed for its fish , so have access to cheap herrings or when i chat up the fish monger i get a load of salmon heads i then boil the fish with a bit of rice and feed all the dogs on them , even the cats get it , the heads and tails are fed raw to the ferrets  :x
how many of you do feed fish ?  :thumbsup:

pmsl, sorry Tan you fell fer this one, when i chat up the fish monger, you get loads of salmon heads :lol: is that all your worth to him , a few p*****g salmon heads, use your womanly charms woman., salmon heads.pmsl

:cheers:

well as long as me dawgs are satisfied then so am i (w00t)

William adores fish. At christmas we got a whole salmon reduced at sainsburies.It was christmas eve and they reduced them to 99p a kilo there was one left so we paid £2.99 for a 3 kilo fresh salmon. Funnily though the cat wont touch fish.

The salmon was wrapped up in foil baked in the oven then boned but we often get him reduced fish sometimes it is boiled. William does not do raw food he would rather starve

oakmoorehill said:
William adores fish. At christmas we got a whole salmon reduced at sainsburies.It was christmas eve and they reduced them to 99p a kilo there was one left so we paid £2.99 for a 3 kilo fresh salmon. Funnily though the cat wont touch fish.
  The salmon was wrapped up in foil baked in the oven then boned but we often get him reduced fish sometimes it is boiled. William does not do raw food he would rather starve

Im but 10 mins away from you helen, :lol: im on my way

thank you

Kieth He hasn't had any salmon since as they haven't reduced it that much since. He's had to make do with mackeral and sardins since :(

Tinned pilchards are very good value for money - my lot adore them! I worry that cheap tuna is caught in cruel nets from depleted stocks.

If they're poorly they get cooked haddock and rice but fish is very expensive here (although they do get it occasionally - nothing is too good for them :wub: )

willow one of my whippet girls can not eat fish at all it makes her sick and zomie our little boy igg will not touch it but xena loves it since her broken leg she thinks its mummys job to feed it her by hand (w00t) it stinks

oakmoorehill said:
Kieth He hasn't had any salmon since as they haven't reduced it that much since. He's had to make do with mackeral and sardins since  :(
Well im quite partial to a bit of mackrel Helen, but if im not welcome :( thats ok

:cheers:

keith

Keith you know you'd always be welcome . They only had 1 mackral though and I don't think William would have shared he's not keen on sharing his fish :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back