The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

jack vida

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,

I have been feeding my 14month old mix breed Forthglade complete for a while now but she often has dry poos, sometimes you pick them up and they break into powder. Obviously this isn't good. I've done some research and from what I can figure out it may be down to too much calcium, from having too much bone in her food.

I can't find out anywhere online what the bone content in Forthglade is so I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if there was a complete food (preferably wet but open to all suggestions) that sorted this issue out?

Thanks for reading,

Jack

I have just done a quick search online to see if I can find the bone content anywhere! Huh, there seems to be no mention of bone or calcium in their mixes!
However, as you mention the white and crumbly poo's does normally indicate high bone content. My lot (who are all raw fed) always produce very hard or crumbly poo's after having a lot of bones. This is not harmful, and it does help empty their anal glands. If you wish to resolve the crumbly poo's, I would suggest that you add some extra fresh/frozen meat to the meals. I also don't remember seeing the mention of any offal or liver in their mixes either!

It might be worth adding a little liver or fish oil to see if that helps.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back