The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeding Schedule

jochapman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm after some advise about feeding times for my iggy's. Sophie has a habit of pooping in her bed every night this doesn't seem to bother her at all. I've tried using a baby monitor to hear her if she needs to go out but she doesn't make any noise. At the moment I feed them twice a day 7am and 4pm. She gets a last walk about 10pm and even if she poops then she will still be dirty in the morning. Would a longer gap between feeds help?

Any idea's would be helpful

Thanks

Jo & Sophie

hiya jo my lily will go all night but poppy doesnt i feed 7 am and again at 3.30 and again at 8.30/9 they go bed with me about 11/12 and lily lasts all night usually but poppy needs to go around 3/4 so i have a crate in my bedroom (they dont use it they sleep in bed with me :b )which has a litter tray in and she will use that ,maybe try a litter tray in her crate if shes in one at night ,that way if she has to go and you dont hear her at least it wont be in her bed :)

Hubby wont allow me to have sophie in the bedroom, thats why I thought a monitor would be good. Sophie would only howl the place down if she couldn't get into bed with us which is definitely not an option!!!

Hubby wont allow me to have sophie in the bedroom, thats why I thought a monitor would be good. Sophie would only howl the place down if she couldn't get into bed with us which is definitely not an option!!!
what size crate do you have hun ,iv got a 42inch and it fits a decent size bed in it and a decent size litter tray in it at least she wont be going in her bed and roll in it :)

iv added a pic of my crate and as you can see plenty of room for both, the litter tray is a 32 lt container so plenty big enough for them to move around and do there busness only £3.99 in places like home bargains ,i know idealy youd like her to go throu the night not needing to go ,but maybe this is an alternative if she cant hold herself :)

Picture074.jpg

Maya can now go through the night fine, she is 5 months. Earlier i did the same as nicky and had a big cage with a board across and then a pad the other end. We feed at about 06:30 am 12 and then at 3pm found that 3pm till 10pm seems to work for Maya and she quickly was then able to go through the night. We would also get up early about 05:30 let her out and then she would go back to bed.

We still have the odd accident during the day when she is playing mad with Runa. It just takes time, Maya now cries and sits by the back dog if she needs out and ou need to be quick to get there!!

Good luck, they will get there.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back