The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ferrets!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Flobo, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of the brothers we met today, we've obviously fallen in love:D:Dnow we just have to take Sid to meet them and if he's happy with them and them with him it looks like we'll be adopting both! Couldn't possibly separate brothers now could we...:rolleyes: IMG_20190721_153201.jpg IMG_20190721_153050.jpg

2. Whippylove

Whippylove Well-Known Member Registered

OMG! Absolutely gorgeous :) they are so sweet! I love ferrets my husband really wants some but we decided to wait especially with having my whippets lol I hope sid gets on well with them you'll have to let me know.

Flobo likes this.
  3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

They are so cute! I do hope Sid gets on with them.

Flobo likes this.
  4. Ari_RR

Ari_RR Well-Known Member Registered

They look awesome...

Must admit, I don’t think i’ve ever seen one myself.
    What do they do during the day? I assume they live in the house with humans, rather than like chickens (outside)... do people who live in towns have them, or are they usually found on farms or other rural areas?

Flobo likes this.
  5. Flobo

Some people have them to work, rabbiting, a lot of people have them as pets and they can be kept outside or inside. Mine have all lived indoors, they stay in a large cage with hammocks, comfy bedding and a litter tray but come out at least twice a day for playtime, then they really like to go back to bed and sleep! They are great fun to have around, some people just have them in the house with an open cage so they can go to bed when they want. Have a look at ferret antics on youtube and you'll get an idea of them, bet they will make you laugh!

Ari_RR and Dibbythedog like this.
  6. Flobo

Just a quick update on the ferret situation, we took Sid to meet them and all was well, no bad reactions, all very relaxed around each other and he even sat there while one groomed him..hooray! We took them all home with a temporary cage to keep them seperate for a few days with playtimes together and then Sid decided he wasn't that keen on them afterall and he's looked really pi**ed off ever since:confused::(!! The brothers, Goose and Iggy are thankfully really lovely natured and are tolerating Sid launching himself at them at least once each for every time they are out together, then he takes himself off and ignores everyone, hmm.. really hoping he settles to them and enjoys a good play again but if not we'll just have to keep them living seperate, oh well, best laid plans and all that!! Have been trying to get photos but when they are out they move too quick and I just end up with a blur :D

JudyN likes this.
  7. excuseme

excuseme Well-Known Member Registered

We used to keep ferrets, we had a large outside cage with an upstairs and downstairs. They were very happy and active little things, often having exciting games and tumbles around in their cage. We used them for ferreting and bolting rabbits when the rabbits were not breeding. But no matter how clean they were kept, they were stinky little things, PHEW :eek::oops::oops:

Flobo likes this.