The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Finding a dog in the same bloodline

rehana_aslam

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hello , my dog buster (Staffordshire bull terrier) recently passed away and I was hoping of finding a dog with the same bloodline.

I have his papers (kc) with his parents , grandparents, gt grandparents, gt gt parents and gt gt gt parents some with full names others with just first names ( ex: one called billaricky dicky and another called coia) some also have a kennel no. does anybody know how I could find out about getting a dog with the same bloodline . buster was 11 when he passed so I understand his parents will be gt gt grandparents or gt gt gt grandparents , would really appreciate any advice

rehana :)

Hi Rehana, and welcome to DogForum :)

If you know the kennel which bred Buster then you can look them up on the Kennel Club register, which should have full contact details for the breeder. The breeder will have full KC names for the sire and dam, which will include their kennel information, and you can trace back like that.

On top of that many breeders chose their sire because they are from certain lines and they will be able to provide you with the names of kennels which have dogs from the same lines. Of course a lot of puppies go to be pets rather than dogs for breeding/show, so it's quite possible that the line could have died out in your local area, but most survive for a large number of generations, if they are good quality dogs.

Good luck on finding the pup you're seeking :)

Bit of long shot i am looking for any one realted to my Poppy cavalier king charles spaniel blood lines is
OakHaven looking for her two sisters
66150C6B-E564-469C-9522-6EA90B7C643C.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back