The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

First Nationals A Great Success

Joanna

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am sure some-one will post the results up here later, but just to say what a well run and more importantly FRIENDLY day was had by all. There was a super atmosphere and the troubles we have all endured for the past 18 months were put behind us. Thanks to all who have worked so hard to give us back our sport. There were some really close finishes and the caliber of whippets racing today was exceptional.

Last edited by a moderator:
well said joanna well done to all the finalist and winner today :)

Enjoyed today, thanks to everyone for making it possible :cheers:

Wow! What a fantastic day. Congratulations to all the brilliant winners and especially to those made up to NPWRA champions and Veteran Champions ( special backslap to Daphne and Black Gold, brother Boss (xile) sends his love, and also to Jane and Judy with Happy Days and Time Keeper.)

As Jo said it was well run in the best possible spirit, everyone happy and confident of racing on a level playing field at last.

No-one moaned at the technical hitches, they all just chilled and enjoyed the company.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE ORGANISERS

Bring on the next Nationals!!!

We would just like to say thank you to Tracey for the lovely trophy she donated for the Fastest Time of the Day, and also to June Foster for the lovely badges she made for the finalists.

What an absolute pleasure of a day it was today. Ralph (AKA Run At Mill) was so proud to have 6 of the 8 of his puppies in the finals at the first ever NPWRA event, and he also did us proud by breaking Tipper's 30 year record and equaling Red Assasin's 11 wins. Well done to all the winners and finalists today and get well soon to Evansent.

Last of all THANK YOU to all of the people who made today possible - Long may it continue!!!

AND well done to everyone who stood together when it mattered and supported Pedigree Whippet Racing.

we had a wonderful day, with good friends and great racing, some fantastic finishes and some that had the line judges sweating :sweating: :sweating:

really close, as a final should be.

so many well done's first of all to ALL that have been working their socks off to get this championship meeting put on for the pedigree racers :thumbsup:

massive well done to KINDA CHEEKY gaining her half coat today...she ran outstanding and looked fantastic in her velvet jacket :wub:

massive well done to Making a mint, who showed real class today and gained his half coat.....a real battle with Armistice day and Peppermint Perfection in the final...but the better dog took it on the day ;) (another run at mill pup)

lauras dream got her NVCh today, not bad for an old girl ;)

my dads PEPPERMINT BOBSTER showed real class today and improved on his trapping to bag himself 3rd in the 32lb final...well done dad :thumbsup:

mums peppermint princess who also got 3rd in her final :thumbsup:

but the biggest shock of the day was peppermint lass who ran out of her skin...she was 4th in her final but the fact she got there was brilliant (w00t)

my brain is pickled tonight so will update all my other well dones tomorrow :wacko: :wacko: ;)

really lovely to meet Debbie and Hannah today, thanks for your support of the NPWRA ;) next stop for you is a whippy :-

oh yes....ELAINE did a brilliant job with the raffle....the jobs yours (w00t) and the idea of a kids raffle was great, they all got something....well loads actually :lol: :lol:

way to go Madam Squizzle :-

get well soon Evansent :luck: speedy recovery

also gutted for Pat with Mr noisy....fingers crossed he will be back soon my mate :wub:

Last edited:
Well done all finalists and winners :thumbsup:

The day went really well Good weather Good company and good racing :)

Thanks Julie :huggles: These things happen :(

Debbie it was lovely to meet you and your pretty daughter Hannah at last :) Look forward to seeing you again :thumbsup:

Thanks to the NPWRA for a cracking day , there was a great atmosphere and didnt you notice everyone had a big smile on their face :D

A big well done to all the winners and finalists :thumbsup:

Thanks also to mandy and tina for them cuppas ,they was so refreshing and took my mind off the horrid pains in my back i had all day :thumbsup:

Also would like to wish MR NOISY a fast recovery :huggles: , and good luck pat with your choice :huggles:

Was lovely to meet debbie with hannah ,what a pretty little girl she is :wub: debbie hope those markers are on the top shelf :- :teehee:

hope to see you again soon ,and that we can have a longer chat :)

See you all soon x

thanks to the nationals for a great days top class racing.in a great atmosphere evereyone was chilled and we had some great banter,cheers mandy and tina for the tea :thumbsup: .a big well done to all the winners old and new .on a day like yesterday you knew we had made the right decision.onwards and upwards is the only way now :thumbsup: hope the injured make a speedy recovery.

WOW what can we say what a wonderful day we all had :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone that made things possible for the 1st and definately not the last National Championships this event will go on for ever :thumbsup:

Well done to Ray Jones and all his little helpers (w00t) that keep the track in tip-top condition :thumbsup:

Everyone that donated sponserhips, Trophies, the Beautiful Badges thanks June, Dylan (Shadow)loved his, and especially Jane Rankin for the Velvet coats :thumbsup:

Well done Elaine for that fantastic raffles :thumbsup: Oh yes who ever donated the Lemon drizzle cake was yum yum :- :- where did you get it from ;)

Well done all the helpers on the day to make everything go smoothly.

And the biggest THANK YOU to Barbara, Judy June, Alan and Nigel and Steve for making everyone one beleive this championships was possible for true PEDIGREE WHIPPET RACES :thumbsup: :thumbsup: will definaltly be at the next 6 that are booked :thumbsup:

Ther were smiles, laughter, all day and I don't think people want to go home :wacko:

But most of all well done to all the finalists and winners, there were some very close finishes, would of hated to be a line judge well done Jane Drake for being there nearly all day bless her :thumbsup: and the people that helped her!!

Hope I've not left anyone out :thumbsup: Oh yeah Colin who did the traps and craig who did the bike how could I forget them 2 ha ha :wub:

Hope AJ gets well soon and Pat Morgans little fellow, well hopefully see you all in cornwall, hope you all have a wonderful holiday and some more great and happy racing with this Atmosphere to last for a very Long Time to come :thumbsup:

So glad to hear you all had a great time :D

Really sorry that I couldn't be there but I'm planning to come to the next one!! :thumbsup:

Well done to everyone!!

we had a wonderful day, with good friends and great racing, some fantastic finishes and some that had the line judges sweating :sweating: :sweating: really close, as a final should be.

so many well done's first of all to ALL that have been working their socks off to get this championship meeting put on for the pedigree racers :thumbsup:

massive well done to KINDA CHEEKY gaining her half coat today...she ran outstanding and looked fantastic in her velvet jacket :wub:

massive well done to Making a mint, who showed real class today and gained his half coat.....a real battle with Armistice day and Peppermint Perfection in the final...but the better dog took it on the day ;) (another run at mill pup)

lauras dream got her VC today, not bad for an old girl ;)

my dads PEPPERMINT BOBSTER showed real class today and improved on his trapping to bag himself 3rd in the 32lb final...well done dad :thumbsup:

mums peppermint princess who also got 3rd in her final :thumbsup:

but the biggest shock of the day was peppermint lass who ran out of her skin...she was 4th in her final but the fact she got there was brilliant (w00t)

my brain is pickled tonight so will update all my other well dones tomorrow :wacko: :wacko: ;)

really lovely to meet Debbie and Hannah today, thanks for your support of the NPWRA ;) next stop for you is a whippy :-

oh yes....ELAINE did a brilliant job with the raffle....the jobs yours (w00t) and the idea of a kids raffle was great, they all got something....well loads actually :lol: :lol:

way to go Madam Squizzle :-

get well soon Evansent :luck: speedy recovery

also gutted for Pat with Mr noisy....fingers crossed he will be back soon my mate :wub:
Thanks for your kind words about Making a Mint, we are still reeling from his fantastic first Nationals performance, making only his second open racing start he just amazed us, we have to thank Ray Jones for trapping him for us, getting him over his 'I dont want to leave Dad moments'. It was great to have Rob and Jan (Dad Run at Mill) and Angela (Mum Diamonds Sapphire Star) there to see him go so well and what was really so great was how sporting Vince and Julia were with the beautiful Armistice Day and also the Peppermints who have been so generous, that spirit is what will make this new organisation a success. We enjoyed our moment in the sun but know that there are downs as well as ups in racing and hope Evansent is soon OK and back to his best. Our new NPWRA half coat is blissfully unaware but he did sleep well last night!!!

Allison and Ian

Well let me say even though i do not have have a whippet YET :- ( working on the old man hannah did a brilliant job last night couldn't of worded it better she told him i NEED a whippet :teehee: )

I had a fantastic day wathching, the atsmophere was brilliant, it was lovely to meet June and the family, trish so to dissappoint you with hannah not having much blue on her the markers are well hidden, :lol:

Elaine what can i say your a star with the raffle, hannah is well pleased with her haul so was elisha they both took most of the prizes they did better than the adults

lovely to meet up with the peppermints you have some very talented dogs

Pat it was lovely meeting you thank you for the constant cups of coffee :D and i hope your boy recovers

next time i come i will get there at dawn so i can chat to you all properly :lol:

thank you to everyone that made me feel very welcome

and the racing was awsome and so was the badges and coats for the winners

well done to all the winners

Had a great day yesterday. Thank you so much to everyone who came and supported it. It just shows you what racing people can do when they set their minds to. I'm really glad we've taken this step (even if it is a bit scary) and there is a lot of work still to be done but its getting there.

Big Congratulations to new half coats Kinda Cheeky, Mortons Double Take, Only Me, Chase The Bear, and Making A Mint, and also Blue Devil, Run At Mill and Blue & White Dynamite who showed us all just why they are already champions :D

Mega CONGRATULATIONS to Daphne Kitchens Black Gold on gaining her title and becoming the first new NPWRCh and so pleased with her Dad (Time Keeper) and half sister Gingeroo) for winning their veteran groups on the same day.

And what can you say about Run At Mill breaking Tippers record for the 28lb group with his 11th Championship win and equalling Red Assassin's long held over all record for number of Championship wins. The dog is amazing! WELL DONE He's turning out to be a great sire too!. Is there no end to his talents :D

In the veterans Crystal Star, Gingeroo and Keeper did it again and CONGRATULATIONS again to Merry Nights, Happy Days and Laura's Dream for becoming new Veteran Champions.

And all the other dogs who made the finals or just ran. You make the day special too :thumbsup:

On a more personal note Well Done to Gill's Darkling Sandfly for making the 26lb final. The boy done well! And Congrats to Conway Flyer on getting 2nd in the old dogs final :huggles:

Congratulations to all the winners, finalists and runners. Well done to all the organisers

special well dones and congrats to Blue Devil and Blue and White Dynamite

congratulations to all the new CHAMPIONS

and well done to everyone on your first event for this new organistion sure it will go from strength to strength

We have 2 organisations in the non-ped whippet racing the longest running being the BWRA then the NWRF (which is now the NNWRF ) running different formats and weight limits and it works, over the years most of the anamosity has gone and we all pull together when its needed. :luck:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just got back from a brilliant weekend A huge well done to everyone that worked together to make it possible you are all Star,s Well done everyone that raced their dog,s and well done all you new champ,s and half coats Ray must get a mention the track was top class thank,s to his hard work what a guy :thumbsup: Well off to dentist now but the weekend was that good forgot i had toothache lol so thank you again to you all this is only the start of thing,s to come sorry for the little dog,s that got hurt hope they are better soon

The Mill gang x x ;) ;) ;)

A very happy day at the Nationals yesterday! CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners and finalists and to all those with new titles! The line judges really had their work cut out with so many close finishes.

CONGRATULATIONS also to all those worked so hard to fit several months work into a few weeks and make it all possible. I'm sure you know it already by now, but you did a great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lovely to see racing folk celebrating each others achievements and willing to contribute so much effort to make it such a success. :)

Had a great weekend at the Indi watched some great racing in a great atmosphere.

a big thank you to everyone concerned but a special thank you to BJ for all her hard work and also to the General (Ray Jones) who had the track ect in perfect condition and made everyone feeel very welcome as they arrived.

Paulas insisting doing the shopping for our next trip away :p

A very happy day at the Nationals yesterday! CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners and finalists and to all those with new titles! The line judges really had their work cut out with so many close finishes.
CONGRATULATIONS also to all those worked so hard to fit several months work into a few weeks and make it all possible. I'm sure you know it already by now, but you did a great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lovely to see racing folk celebrating each others achievements and willing to contribute so much effort to make it such a success. :)
Thank you too Rob and Kay as your hard work didn't go unnoticed either :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back