The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Fit in the summer

CCS

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Open question to all coursing folk. Do you keep the dogs in tip top shape all summer or let them go soft and have a rest?+ Will next season see the same dogs winning or have any of you got any tips for the top?.

Yours in Sport CCS.

My personal opinion is that you should keep your dog in the best shape that you can, whether it races, shows, or courses. Mine are treated the same all year round.

Scott.

Hi All

We tend to let ours down a bit,

The racers over the winter are not walked as far and are alowed to carry a bit more condition

the workers over the summer are walked and justgiven the odd run behind the lure to keep them going are resonably fit.

I'm like Scott, tend to try and keep mine as fit as possible all the time, but as mine show, as opposed to racing or coursing, I don't worry too much, if I lose some fitness because of an injury or something.

If I was racing or coursing, I couldn't expect them to compete well if they weren't at their fitest, whilst in a show ring, as long as they're not un-sound you do not have to have the fittest dog there.

Lyd.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back