The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Food

Dylan's Angel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I posted this question a few months ago in another part of the forum, but got no replie :(

so I thought I would try it here, :)

Its more of a genral intrest question,

I have noticed in alot of doggy Recipes and dog food and treats that it is Labelled "wheat and gluten free"

I am Celiac myself (allergy to wheat and gluten) and I found this quite Intriguing to see this labbeling in dog foods.

what I was wondering is, is it common in dogs to have this allergy ???

I had never ever thought of it occuring in animals :blink: and just found it very intresting :b

also is it common in whippets ??

(as I know some breeds are more Susceptible to things than others)

Thanks for you time :D

hi

yes i have noticed more dogs with this condition over the years in vet nursing.

i have a friend with a lurcher who cannot tolerate wheat and is on a gluten free formulated dry food.

i think we feed our dogs too much carbs as a bulk which they do not need.

i am pro raw feeding which is real meat vegetables and a small amount of rice or potatoes occasionally with addition regular raw bones.

i find more and more breeders are pro barf diets and there is alot of info to be found on the internet

just out of intrest what are the symptoms in dogs if they have this allergy ?

is it the same as humans have ?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back