The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

For All You Chicken Owners

affieluver

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
for the past week now we have had a chicken that seems to think she has to lay quail eggs does anyone know why im just curios thanks :)

mypics238.jpg

for the past week now we have had a chicken that seems to think she has to lay quail eggs does anyone know why im just curios thanks :)
mypics238.jpg
If they've only just starting to lay they will take a while to settle down to making eggs all the same size. Mine tend to throw odd sized ones or soft shell ones if the weather has been horrible or they have got really wet. Thunder also upsets the laying too.

I'm sure it will sort it' self out as long as the chicken is health and eating enough.

HTH

Jo Chapman

also older hens lay smaller eggs sometimes, one of mine kept laying eggs with no yoke :x they are called FART eggs (w00t) :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
also older hens lay smaller eggs sometimes, one of mine kept laying eggs with no yoke :x they are called FART eggs (w00t) :lol: :lol:
pmsl julie :lol: thanks jo yes i suppose that will explain it she had better get her act together cant have slackers here :p

pmsl julie :lol: thanks jo yes i suppose that will explain it she had better get her act together cant have slackers here :p
eggactly kel you cant :p they have to live up to great eggpectations :-

All this talk about eggs reminded me of this famous skit from The Two Ronnies ...........

HILARIOUS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes definitely one of the first eggs they start laying.... :thumbsup: dinky size...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back