The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

For Dusilla

Eleanor Gibbins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Dusilla

I am attaching (I hope!!) a photo of Fly, for colour identification please! As I hope you can see, he is a strange mixture of grey and tan with brindling, plus white. The nearest anyone has come to a description is silver cream brindle - I tend to refer to him as 'mushroom soup with creme fraiche'!

Eleanor

flyonbeach.jpg

Eleanor Gibbins said:
Hi Dusilla

I am attaching (I hope!!) a photo of Fly, for colour identification please! As I hope you can see, he is a strange mixture of grey and tan with brindling, plus white. The nearest anyone has come to a description is silver cream brindle - I tend to refer to him as 'mushroom soup with creme fraiche'!

Eleanor

Can't help with the colour, but Fly looks :wub: and sounds delicious :p

Thank you Den - he's not bad for 10 years old, is he! Still winning 'best condition' classes at Companion Dog shows, against much younger opposition. He came to me aged 3, from Whippet Rescue - can't imagine life without him, he's the centre of my universe :wub:

Eleanor

Last edited by a moderator:
Eleanor Gibbins said:
I tend to refer to him as 'mushroom soup with creme fraiche'!
What a superb description!! :lol: He is certainly looking very handsome! :wub: :wub:

Yep! I like the mushroom soup description! Alternatively I would probably call him a blue fawn brindle particolour!!! But whatever colour he is, he looks very well!!!

Eleanor Gibbins said:
I am attaching (I hope!!) a photo of Fly, for colour identification please!  As I hope you can see, he is a strange mixture of grey and tan with brindling, plus white.  The nearest anyone has come to a description is silver cream brindle View attachment 22585

Thanks for the photo, what a lovely boy he is! :wub:

I'd call Fly blue brindle and white particolour. Sorry I couldn't come up with anything more descriptive. He is blue pigmented, the patches seem to be dark (bluish) on the edges, so he is watermarked, the background colour is sandy fawn with slight deer marking (the colour seems to be lighter on his upper arm), the stripes are blue, and he is particoloured.

I wouldn't call him neither silver nor cream, I find those colours to be much much lighter, silver a very pale clear silvery light blue, and cream almost white.

I think this photo, with the late Ch Black Pearl's Silversatin, Ch Black Pearl's Sheila and Ch Blackpearl, shows nicely the differencies between silver, blue and black:

58490391_6995eb43a6.jpg

Eleanor Gibbins said:
I tend to refer to him as 'mushroom soup with creme fraiche'!
:D That's a very good description! :thumbsup:

Blue brindle parti .............. he looks super :thumbsup: :wub:

Thank you all for your lovely comments about Fly. He is my first whippet, so I had no preconceptions when I got him, other than that I loved the look and characteristics of the breed. I can honestly say that I now have no wish to have anything else - when you have finished laughing at their antics, marvelling at their characteristics and enjoying their company, you can just sit back and enjoy their incredible beauty. I thank goodness for every day that I share with Fly.

Dusilla - I'm very intrigued with all the terminology you use (watermarking, deermarking etc), and thank you for giving me an answer to my question. I am constantly amazed by the incredible variety of colours in whippets and greyhounds - they are all lovely, but I am particularly fond of Fly's colouring.

Eleanor

I would agree with blue brindle parti, though the colour on my comp. is not what it cold be!! (like me, old and a bit past it!!)

He is certainly a stunner, and I couldn't agree more with your reasons for having a whippet as your friend. I never wnated one (skinny little things that look like they need feeding was my opinion) then I got Ras, my first whippie, purely 'cos she was in a very bad home, and now I wouldn't want anything else to share my home and my life with. :huggles: :wub: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back