The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Foster boy

Tinytom

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We collected an elderly patterdale terrier this morning. He is 15 next month ...a little wobbly on his back legs .. a late deaf....partially sighted but still enjoying life ...his owner died last December ...no other rescue would take him ...apart from Lynne at Rescue remedies...he met my deerhound boys with ease and has been bathed brushed and spent the day pottering in the garden and around the house ...ate all his food and is just a sweetheart....its so good to have a terrier back in the home xxx
So handsome_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

Oh, he is lovely. When you say 'foster', is the plan that he will stay with you?

That's terrible that other rescues wouldn’t take him. Poor boy, losing his owner, his home, everything, and no rescues apart from one would step up :(

Oh, he is lovely. When you say 'foster', is the plan that he will stay with you?

That's terrible that other rescues wouldn’t take him. Poor boy, losing his owner, his home, everything, and no rescues apart from one would step up :(
Yes Jo ...unless someone wanted to adopt him he will stay with us permanently...he walked all around the woods this morning refusing to be picked up ...he is a real sweetheart
Alot of rescues Will Not take Patterdale terriers ...but some like any terriers are wonderful dogs ..its so so sad ...

Is it my imagination, or have Patterdales started becoming a bit more mellow in recent years?

No you are right But there are many in rescue but alot cannot be rehomed with other dogs 🙄

I've had a lot to do with Patterdales, and can see the sense of Rescues being very very careful where they home them. This one is very lucky to have found a super home, and it's made my day.

You could have him a while yet - ours was 18 when she got to the end of the road.

We collected an elderly patterdale terrier this morning. He is 15 next month ...a little wobbly on his back legs .. a late deaf....partially sighted but still enjoying life ...his owner died last December ...no other rescue would take him ...apart from Lynne at Rescue remedies...he met my deerhound boys with ease and has been bathed brushed and spent the day pottering in the garden and around the house ...ate all his food and is just a sweetheart....its so good to have a terrier back in the home xxxView attachment 111981734
Tinytom, May you be forever blessed. You lovely people. Words are insufficient. Here’s to a wonderful life for him. He’s landed well on his feet. It’ll be interesting to learn how he passes his first night chez toi. X

Thanks RGC ...this is our 3rd elderly foster terrier we have taken in ...my husband didnt want to do it again as he gets so attached ...I think differently...our own terriers didnt get to see old age really...Sid went to the bridge 2 months before his 9th birthday and Tom was 10 ...both young for terriers so the oldies any breed really should never be in kennels in their last years...
Its easier this time as my parents live in our annexe at the bottom of the garden it's a 2 bed detached bungalow...so whilst I am working Rio stays with them and he had a ball today and my parents love him already..he will stay with them when we are away in the motorhome ...when he no longer wants to go on long walks he will most probably live with my parents full time ....
He is not a lap dog he still enjoys walks in the woods ..I picked him up this morning thinking he maybe tired but he had other ideas ...he has very wobbly back legs and a slight arch to his back ...we are hoping with 3 small meals supplements and exercise this will improve a little ...
He slept all night last night ...he is a real sweetheart ;)

he has very wobbly back legs
Timber has wobbly back legs, he started with a slight tremble at the age of about six, I think. The vet has obviously examined him and can't pinpoint a specific cause. Look up 'essential tremor'.

He will be 14 soon and the tremors have gradually got a bit worse over the years. When he is walking or running you would never know, it's really only noticeable when he is standing still.

Timber has wobbly back legs, he started with a slight tremble at the age of about six, I think. The vet has obviously examined him and can't pinpoint a specific cause. Look up 'essential tremor'.

He will be 14 soon and the tremors have gradually got a bit worse over the years. When he is walking or running you would never know, it's really only noticeable when he is standing still.
It isnt a tremor ....

Well he has certainly come to life ..has been playing tug of war with my mum today and had a run around the garden this evening ..real Zoomies ...he can certainly run even with unsteady back legs 🤪🤪

Bless him. Spoil him 150%. So glad that he’s in a stable loving home. We were at the Hidden Hut (Porthcurnick Beach) today and met a brindle whippet puppy. When his mum saw Mabel she went over the moon - “If he looks like yours when he’s older I’ll be so happy”. Now there’s a compliment. Mind you, he was a gorgeous pup.

Bless him. Spoil him 150%. So glad that he’s in a stable loving home. We were at the Hidden Hut (Porthcurnick Beach) today and met a brindle whippet puppy. When his mum saw Mabel she went over the moon - “If he looks like yours when he’s older I’ll be so happy”. Now there’s a compliment. Mind you, he was a gorgeous pup.
It's a small world - we were at Sennen Cove yesterday! (And Land's End - don't bother with Land's End, it's pure tourist tat.)

Yes, Land’s End was tatty even in the late 80s when we lived in Probus. Thank God I never had to visit it on business. Mind you, I also avoided Newquay in summer. We prefer the Roseland peninsula - genteel for those of a certain age. Poor Mabel is cream crackered.

Just catching up, wonderful news re your new addition, (I mean 'foster' dog😂)! Just lovely, he sounds like he is settling well, how are the boys with him?

Just catching up, wonderful news re your new addition, (I mean 'foster' dog😂)! Just lovely, he sounds like he is settling well, how are the boys with him?
They have been great with him ....he is never left alone with them ..and he tells them off if they do something he doesn't like especially if he runs and teddy thinks it will be fun to try and grab his tail ..
😃

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back