The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Found A Missing Staffie

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My dad phoned me this afternoon to tell me he'd managed to catch a staffie who'd been running round for the last 3 days.

She's a cute little thing, very under weight and quite far into her season.

He'd walked for ages round the estate trying to find out who she belonged to but couldn't find anything out.

He went up to the local Dogs Trust who scanned her...no chip. Gave her the quick look over...said she's about 2 years old and needs to put some weight on.

Then said very sorry we can't take her, if you don't want to keep her you'll have to take her to the police station and if they won't have her...Tuesday the dog warden should...

My dad couldn't keep her, he's already got his hands full with his brood and I just don't have enough room.

Anyway, off we go to the police station and they will quite happily take her. While we was there he ran a check to see if anyone had reported a mising dog...yeh one matched her description...

And where did she live...just down the street from my dad...

The police said they would sort it out...so we left...and went and kock on their door...

A young couple who was 2 sheets to the wind answered the door...when we told them they said "oh great ta...we'll have to go get her later" and when told she was in season and starving they said "really, we didn't know that...aww we'll feed her at some point when we get her home"

Is it a good thing she's going home or not ??

its a very bad thing in this case :rant: :( poor little girl. if she was mine she'd be spoiled rotten :huggles:

That couple really annoyed me and if I'd have opened my mouth...I'd have caused so much trouble...

I'm going to be keeping an eye on her and see how they treat her.

Awww poor dog,these people very obviously should not have a dog or any animal for that matter :rant:

Sometimes it makes you wonder if you are doing the right thing by trying your best to find the dogs rightful owners,(I would say in most cases,yes you are) but in the likes of this one..............well it really does anger me to know that there are people out there that have dogs that have no earthly right having them !! :angry: Let's hope that the dog maybe gets away again and maybe finds herself a nice home where people will treat her like she deserves :) I suspect you will see her roaming again,only thing that worries me is that she gets lifted by the wrong "type" of people who see her as a "particular type of dog" :( :( it is a pity that Dogs Trust could'nt have taken her in.I wonder why her owners reported her as missing? as they don't sound like they are very responsible owners,nor really gave a toss about the wee dog.

Like I say I'm going to keep an eye on her and if I think she's been neglected in any way...I will get her out of there.

They also had a very large rabbit in a small cage in the yard...that looked miserable too...

why did they bother reporting her missing? hmmmm, maybe because if they ever sober up enough at the right time they could earn money out of the poor girl :rant:

do keep an eye out for her please :( if i'd found her and then seen owners like that, i personally wouldve rather kept her than send her back into that environment (that attitude causes a bit of consternation where i live, 'its not your animal, dont get why youre bothered')

animals are a privilage, not something you only bother with when you feel like :angry:

Oh god!!! Poor animals,at least one good thing did come out of it.............and that was the fact that you are now aware of the situation.

It is good to know that there are people out there that are prepared to do something to help.good for you! :cheers:

I wish I could have kept hold of her and found a home or even a foster home...she'd have been better off...

I'm more than happy to still my nose in when an animals involved...I can't stand to see one hurt or abused.

let us know what happens, because there are staffie rescues as well as staffie lovers who would be willing to help her :luck:

I was just saying to the OH, I'm going to knock on their door in a couple of days and see how she is.

I'm concerned that she might have been caught whilst shes been loose...and if she has what will they do with her then.

I'll keep you updated.

The reaction for the so called owners just made me cringe, gawd when our cat went missing we was out there torches, posters the lot, and when she was found (under a neighbours bed snuggled up :- " ) we just couldnt wait to pick her up.

Like you also said what if she was covered while straying! What are this unresponsible owners going to do????

Anyway looking at your siggy pics H there looks like a nice space in the corner for a little Staff

:D

I wish I did have the room...she'd have come home with me yesterday... :(

Makes my blood boil when i hear of this sort of thing, theres no need for it... Poor little girl... :rant: :rant:

The trouble is if this dog disapears (somebody keeps her) thgese people will just go and get another pupppy. i think dog owners should have to have a Dog/Animal License. You could not buy a dog without one, every dog/pet you own would be registered to your license and irresponsible/cruell people would loose the right to own animals.

Your right and its a good idea but as we all know there are idiots out there that will find a way round that and still mistreat animals...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back