The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Funny...the things you miss

Mad Murphy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was hoovering today not that thats something Id miss! But I shifted chairs and tables and out of habit I pulled the seat cushions off the armchairs and was surprised to find them clean and hair free. I had expected there to be a ring of short white hair where the seat cushion meets the frame of the chair.
For a second I couldnt understand why there was no hair and then it hit me...

Murphy has long hair and doesnt really sit on the arm chairs but for 14 years I've hoovered Benny hair off those chairs and in a brainless moment I'd forgotten he wasn't here anymore..
Benny loved to curl up on one of the armchairs for a snooze he felt snug and safe and if the pillow fell off he would stare at you most indignantly until you picked it up and returned it to him. He was such a personality.

So yes I miss not having that ring of white hair under the seat cushions.

Do any of you still have these moments?
734750_110873719091930_349771584_n.jpg
920867_146243702221598_83604956_o.jpg

@Mad Murphy thats one really sweet pic x
I have those mad moments still, ive seen me looking and shouting for zak in the garden, ive even put his bowl out at tea time once. They play such a big part off our lifes and always will xx

It was months before I got out of the habit of holding the door open for Rosko to follow me out of a room. He's been gone a long time but still lives in my heart. I lost him much too soon.

@Whippylove @Caro Perry so sorry for your losses.. It is comforting to know that Im not the only one who still feels the loss even after time has passed and even after another dog has entered our lives..
I know a lot of people would think I was mad for missing what is after all considered to be one of the downsides to owning a dog ie the mess.. But it was a running joke in our house that Benny left his little hairs everywhere so they could cling to clothes and stick in you like pins in a voodoo doll.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back