The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gloucester Club Meeting 31/08/08

Joanna

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It was a really well attended meeting of our club today. The threat of rain did not deter the membership, and despite the forecast, the day remained largely dry!

We set up three rounds of racing, but did not keep track of who won what as it was such a relaxed get together. It was a full house of Conway Celt x Time Keeper puppies and they had great fun playing with the lure and watching proceedings. Fearless is the word that springs to mind watching them :huggles:

Young Smidge had some great races today, and Darcia and Rob's Chyppe had a few trials with other dogs, he is really looking grown up now! :huggles:

We managed to clear Paddy, a show bred who attends Worcester, Oxford and Andover mainly, so all in all, it was a successful day. Oh, almost forgot, we went to the pub afterwards :- "

There may be a chance of a meeting in two week's time if there is enough interest (14th Sept), if you would like to come along, please contact Lesley Harris, details are pinned at the top of this section :thumbsup: .

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: THE PUB..........now that explains some of the text messages ive had from Mrs.jonigk :- " :- " :- "

glad you all had a good day and the weather was kind to my pals :huggles:

we would have joined you but the exhust cracked on the van on friday :rant: so we are getting that sorted this week :sweating: (i hope) :lol:

peppermint lady said:
:eek: THE PUB..........now that explains some of the text messages ive had from Mrs.jonigk :- "  :- "  :- " glad you all had a good day and the weather was kind to my pals :huggles:

we would have joined you but the exhust cracked on the van on friday :rant:   so we are getting that sorted this week :sweating:   (i hope) :lol:

Oh I had those text messages too............. :- "

Hope you get that van fixed for next week-end, see you at the Indi :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for a lovely day today, and for helping us clear our Paddy - we are really chuffed with him :D

Willow and Paddy are now fast asleep on their sofa -_- -_- and had an enjoyable day.

See you again soon,

Jenny x

Bingo! said:
Thank you everyone for a lovely day today, and for helping us clear our Paddy - we are really chuffed with him :D
Willow and Paddy are now fast asleep on their sofa  -_-   -_-   and had an enjoyable day.

See you again soon,

Jenny x

Glad you had a good day Jenny, we cleared our Archie when he was three after being advised he wouldn't ever be able to compete and he just loves to run :wub: Despite being slow, they still enjoy the racing so have some fun with him. It is nice to have steady slow dogs to help school puppies, and my heart sings to think my old lad is helping out the youngsters. I can't believe you are taking Archie's slowest racing whippet in the world title (w00t) . My lads are also on beds/sofas knackered out, great isn't it! :cheers:

Lovely day with the lovely Gloucester members :huggles: Congratulations to Paddy on proving himself worthy of being called a racing dog :thumbsup: Nibs had fun running with Chyppe all day, as did Smidge at the end - he's doing fab Darc and Rob, and so different to last time we saw him running (I think he's growing up now).

Sorry we had to dash off from the pub, but Steve had to get off to Dorchester, and I had to make sure he had enough goodies, and snaffles (and wine and beer :teehee: ) for when he's on his own and missing us all :huggles:

Dogs are all chilled, and I have a Fruli Strawberry beer on the go - just waiting for the call to say Steve arrived safely - then I can relax and snuggle up with the dogs, and watch a bit of telly later.

Looking forward to meeting up again in 2 weeks - we could have racing if there are enough people wanting to come - otherwise we will be trialling anyway :thumbsup:

Missed you Julie - hope to see you soon :thumbsup:

Well done Paddy :cheers:

Daisy is now happily content and asleep with Mozza :huggles: Peace and quiet reigns supreme :D

I think Paddy would love his title of "slowest racing whippet in the world" :clown: would he get a trophy for that :teehee: He doesn't really care if he finishes last every time, you just have to see how excited he gets track-side to see how much he loves to run.

We've managed to get him in shape, enjoy going into the traps and have made real progress over the last year or so - it's been a great learning curve for us :thumbsup:

He has also helped out a few youngsters in training like Archie, and thats pleasing in itself. :cheers:

Bingo! said:
I think Paddy would love his title of "slowest racing whippet in the world" :clown:   would he get a trophy for that :teehee:   He doesn't really care if he finishes last every time, you just have to see how excited he gets track-side to see how much he loves to run.
We've managed to get him in shape, enjoy going into the traps and have made real progress over the last year or so - it's been a great learning curve for us :thumbsup:

He has also helped out a few youngsters in training like Archie, and thats pleasing in itself. :cheers:

Well we never got a trophy for being slow, but we don't mind..........hold onto this thought! Despite not beating a dog all day, and due to a couple of non-runners and a favourable draw in the N/E 32 lb group at the champs, Archie came fourth in the final, and has a line in his passport to prove it (w00t) . Every dog has it's day Jenny. Keep Paddy going, keep him fit and keen, and you never know what might happen.........

Enjoy your strawberry beer Juney, at least you get no moaning when BB is on :thumbsup:

Hey we should put Paddy, Archie and Daisy in together and see who earns the title (w00t)

Louise_Simon said:
Hey we should put Paddy, Archie and Daisy in together and see who earns the title  (w00t)
We should do that.........Perhaps a wooden spoon trophy for the slowest dog. I could sponsor that happily! Nice idea Lou :thumbsup:

Echo everyones elses thoughts on a good day of trialling, cant believe the rain managed to stay away for a few hours so we kept dry.

[SIZE=14pt]BIG BIG BIG[/SIZE] thanks once again to the delectable Daisy (oh & Lou & Simon ;) ) and the lovely Nibble (& June & Steve ;) ) for running with our deliquent the Chyppster today, Oh and not forgetting fellow hooligan Smidge for that last run - did I say hooligan, I meant angel :lol: (maybe it was Chyppe that was being a hooligan :- " )

Well done Paddy (& Jenn & Holly) on him passing his trials, Fletch & Tyler enjoyed there runs with him and also well done to Carmel's Bonny (or is it Bonnie?) on running with two dogs for the first time today :thumbsup:

Was lovely to see all the pups having a few trials today (even though Judy cant control the lure and got it into a big notty mess at the traps ;) ). We think that Jill's Zephyr & Chyppe might be entering some pairs events when they are older - twins LoL

See you all in 2 weeks time.

Joanna said:
Louise_Simon said:
Hey we should put Paddy, Archie and Daisy in together and see who earns the title  (w00t)
We should do that.........Perhaps a wooden spoon trophy for the slowest dog. I could sponsor that happily! Nice idea Lou :thumbsup:

imagine the disappointment if your dog came in first but was the loser :clown:

Louise_Simon said:
Joanna said:
Louise_Simon said:

imagine the disappointment if your dog came in first but was the loser :clown:

Can I put Chyppe in too? Nailed on that he would win it (well lose it) - bless him :wub:

Well I am sure we could do a race at the last meeting of the year for our "perceived" slow dogs. I'll have a word with Lesley and see if we can do a back to front trophy or similar. I will happily sponsor it :cheers: Watch this space slowies :huggles:

Joanna said:
peppermint lady said:
:eek: THE PUB..........now that explains some of the text messages ive had from Mrs.jonigk :- "  :- "  :- " glad you all had a good day and the weather was kind to my pals :huggles:

we would have joined you but the exhust cracked on the van on friday :rant:   so we are getting that sorted this week :sweating:   (i hope) :lol:

Oh I had those text messages too............. :- "

Hope you get that van fixed for next week-end, see you at the Indi :thumbsup:

No not at the indi either jo :eek:

il be club racing at andover, ive a million pups to trial :- "

it should be a small meeting i think, as most are going to the indi :wacko: :wacko:

Excellent idea about the slowest dog race :thumbsup:

Paddy is now in training - feet up on the sofa, beer in paw, 3 packets of crisps a day from now on (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back