The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Good Dog Cages?

warree

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi guys,
I'm looking to get a quality travel crate for my cocker spaniel, it has to fit inside of a Ford Ka which I realise isn't the most spacious of vehicles.
I've looked at some on petworldcages.com and some of the Ellie Bo ones, does anyone have any experience of these?
Thanks in advance

What about a car harness instead ...
I've considered it, but on the off chance I do get into a crash a car harness seems more dangerous than anything.
My dog would be rattling round the inside of my car like the last tictac

My friend had a dog in a crate in the boot ...a car went into her at 25mph ...her dog died he was crushed so i would rather a harness as it acts more like a seatbelt for us ....

If you do choose to go with a harness, be aware that a lot that say they are crash tested are only tested to make sure the dog doesn't become a missile in the car. One of the few that are tested for the dog's safety (rather than the passengers') is the Kurgo.

not sure if thAts what people mean here but, there is this thing that's a leash you can clip to the seatbelt, just like a human, I would recommend. I used one for my old beagle and planning to use for my puppy when he's old enough :)

Not sure whether cage or harness is better but love it that owners care enough about their pets to ask the question. Sorry that I cannot answer your original question.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back