The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Good flea, tick, sandfly and mosquito treatment

Discussion in 'Dog Health' started by Violet Turner, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good brand of flea, tick, sandfly and mosquito spot on treatment?

We are going away on holiday in 2 weeks with both dogs, we are going to Spain but we are going on the Euro Tunnel then through France we will be staying in Lyon and then continuing our journey to Alicante.

In the past for spot on treatments we have used Pets At Home's" FRONTLINE TRI-ACT Fleas and Ticks Spot-on for Dogs" But i am unsure if this is a good brand to use again. The vets sell bravecto which we have not used is this any good? I know when I was working we used to sell Advocate and this used to be a good product, but I believe it doesn’t cover the mosquitos and sandfly. I would really appreciate to hear what you think would be good and I appreciate your replies.

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Advantix.

Are you going via Lyon for a reason? I ask as I travel through France quite often and that would not be a route I would even think of to reach Alicante.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  3. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

Thanks, that is amazing!
    No, we are not going to Lyon for a reason except the fact we found a dog friendly hotel/house here that we are staying in overnight and then traveling again the next day. We would have normally got the ferry to Santander but they could not fit Doris on board so we had to rush to get a place on the Euro Tunnel before all the spaces were taken. I would not have normally done this but I think it would be nice to have a look around Lyon before traveling onwards.