The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Good luck vicky!

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Good luck to vicky (contributes to k9), whom has landed the post as reporter for the north west region in the whippet news. I'm sure vicky will add some "umph" to a very quiet region and hopefully get us all motivated to make the north-west a great racing region again:biggrin:

We could do with some more good dogs for me to report on, everything is bad news or injuries at the moment.

-----

Vicky

And that's just my dogs!!!!:sad:

(Edited by michelle at 9:29 pm on Nov. 30, 2001)

Hi Vickey what dogs do you own and race as I cant think who you are. I know Michelle as she runs a dog the same weight as one of ours Crack O dawn. Its great to hear from everyone as the racing in Scotland is all but ended and we dont get to hear the gossip ect. Our dogs are resting at the moment  we are going to take Crack O Dawn to a vet in Wishaw as we hear he is a Greyhound man as our vet is hopeless with racing injuries he is better in himself so he might grace the track next year a better dog. Pay Back is driving us crazy he just wants to play and chase anything that moves a good sighn from him. Robbie our pup is chasing and now ready for a pass but as the track is a bit heavy going will wait till it dryes up a bit as he is only a little boy 18lbs in weight. Well good luck Vicky will read your reports in the whippet news hope all the dogs are fit by the spring.

Only had club racers in past few years but try to get to as many opens as poss to cheer on my mates dogs; Keith Woodwards heavyweight This Way and all Michelle & Tony's crew, maybe you've heard of Nch Maralyn (predator x brooklyn) i got her at 3 year old from Steve & Julie Bateson, she faired well for a while but was very inconsistent she would fly on bends (only raced bends) one week and then would be a different dog a few weeks later.  At 4 she had a mistake mating to my old dog Cool Breeze, then  we had her mated to Micks Mystery in 1999 we kept a lovely dog pup Pointblank who would chase but showed no enthusiasm what so ever, he seems to have taken a liking to bend racing lately so maybe he'll get a go early next year, i also have a mad 1 year old Taylor Maid (stewart x hobgoblin) who is coming on nicely and has faired well in her few puppy races (she's just having her first season at moment)

Will look out for you at the opens, hope Crack o Dawn is back on the track soon !!

(Edited by Vicky at 10:24 pm on Nov. 30, 2001)

My mate Davie Cooper bread your dog. Did your dog Cool Breeze line a greyhound bitch called Gee Kay Lady about 10 years ago.

Davy Cooper did breed Maralyn along with his good little dog Heartbreaker, Badshah, Brookbond & Dalebrook.  I think if i had a bitch to breed from i would seriously consider Heartbreaker as a stud dog - the xtreme x heartbreaker litter are running quite well.  Are Brooklyn & Jo Brooks still with Davy, and does he not have any dogs racing at moment?

No Cool Breeze hasn't mated any greyhounds although he has quite an eye for the ladies, he's mated Maralyn umpteen times (see mistaken mating - he's the trouble maker), a lurcher and an old mongrel we used to have.    

Speak to you soon

-----

Vicky

(Edited by Vicky at 5:30 pm on Dec. 1, 2001)

Im a twit its Blue Breeze Im thinking about. Davy still has both dogs. Bella   Brooklyn  is getting on a bit but still has her moments of madness. Tam  Heartbreaker  is a great stud dog but has only had one bitch so far dont know why. Maybe its because  Hillside Lad just lives around the corner from Davy, but he has not had many bitches either. Davy and Liz shes my sister have two dogs that are still young enough to race but have not been racing for well over a year dont know if they will return back

Did Davy keep any of the Predator x Jo Brooks pups as i always looked out for them but see in Whippet News that there is only Tormentor running ( i think thats right anyway) i'd have thought that this litter would have thrown well !!!!

Yes he kept a dog  j.c. and a bitch  Brook. Brooks racing name is Step A Side and weighed 21lbs. She won the yearling race at Devon last year my dog Pay Back won it this year.J.C. racing name Charmer is about 27lbs and won a few weight classes last year. Both were very handy but they stopped racing due to personal reasons. They were talking about starting again next year. Tormentor belongs to my pal Bill and Margaret they just lost their old boy Zack due to kidney failure last week. Liz bread him out of Callie Breeze whos breeding is Blue Breeze and Gee Kay Lady. Hense why I asked the question about your dog. Big Tojo  Tormentor has given my pup a few clean passes he just zoomed by him magic. I have watched the whippet news club reports to see how Marlyn and her pups were doing as always like to see how all the pups Davy bread are doing as have seen them all when they were just days old.

I see we have kate from carlisle join k9, Hiya kate, if you have any news you want in the whippet news from carlisle e-mail vicky.

Anything happenin in carlisle?

Susan, you'll have to see if Davy has any pictures of Maralyn as a pup because she's a right miserable old cow now and i always wondered why Steve & Julie picked her because she's very stand off-ish.  Mind you she has been passed about a bit, she's a lot better now than she was when we first got her!!!

I think Davy took photos of all the litters he bread and I took videos of a few litters. The only video I have is the Predator  My Choice  litter as we took two dog pups. Liz could tell you a bit more than me. She comes back from holiday tommorow.

Hi Vicky

As Susan says I am just back from my holidays,  been busy since with Christmas.   Davy says he might have photos of Kit (Maralyn) somewhere but that could be anywhere.   Will try to find some during pre-New Year clear out.   If any found will give to Susan who can pass them on during next years opens.   Brooklyn (Bella) is nearly 14 now but is doing very well.  Jo Brooks (Ruby) is nearly 9 and is enjoying a comfortable life as well.  I wish I was a dog sometimes.   Davy still has all his dogs although they are all getting on a bit.  Brook and JC are being kept as pets now as it is very unlikely we will be back to the racing next year due to personal reasons.  They were very lightly raced in 1999 so they don't even think they are missing anything.  Their only worry is which bag of shopping has the sweets for them in.  Although I don't race anymore I still like to know what is happening in the whippet world so this website is just what I needed to do this.   Glad to see the word is getting out about it have been spreading it in Scotland as much as I could.  

Hi Liz, yesterday Bella was a grandma for the 24 time by Kit (Maralyn) alone, god only knows how many other off spring there are out there!!!

There were five dogs, all various shades of brindle with white markings.  Believe it or not all her pups have been brindle from matings three times to a white dog and once to a black dog!!  I think Brooklyn threw a few fawns some along the line didn't she??

-----

Vicky

Vicky, what is going on with you're e-mail address!!, I keep getting returned messages(kevin not oaying the bills again!!!) saying you have a fault.

see you later

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back