The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Goodbye Jasper

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by JudyN, Apr 28, 2022.

1. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

I need some too.

JudyN likes this.
  2. Ash2021

Ash2021 Member Registered

Judy I am so sorry to read this, thinking of you all (hope you didn’t have too much of a hangover)

Run free at rainbow bridge Jasper xx

JudyN likes this.
  3. Dibbythedog

Dibbythedog Well-Known Member Registered

Im so sorry to hear your heartbreaking news:(

JudyN likes this.
  4. RGC

RGC Well-Known Member Registered

My God, you’ve summed the partnership to the letter, JudyN. X

JudyN likes this.
  5. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Will we ever be able to finish a tub of coleslaw and not think 'Ooh, Jasper will love licking this clean' and then remembering, or eat a pizza and not plan to save him a bit of crust? Will we ever hear the doorbell and not get up to answer it sloooooooowly and calmly, so as not to set him off? Will we ever be able to leave the door into the garage open and not have that niggling worry that there's unprotected food in there?

Thinking about it, possibly not - I've always had an urge to avoid saying 'biscuits' as the Yorkie we had when I was a child could hear it from two rooms away, even when she'd gone deaf...

6. RGC

RGC Well-Known Member Registered

It’s all these incidental things that bring it back - doors you don’t have to close and being able to say “squirrel” without a cacophony of squeeaming (that’s whippet screaming). It’s early days, JudyN. Keep the faith. You couldn’t have done better for him. Hugs to you both.

Hemlock likes this.
  7. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Thank you, RGC. Yes, I know it will take a long, long time.

It's harder at the moment as I have covid - not badly, but I don't feel great. Mr N is fine (so far....) but it means we can't go out places, and take our minds off things. We did go for a short walk round the block this afternoon - unfortunately we bumped into a dear friend in her 90s, with her dog and her daughter. She knew J since he was a pup, and used to have a lurcher called Lofty, who was J's first friend. That was a difficult conversation to have from a distance of at least 4 metres, not helped by the fact that she's pretty deaf, so her daughter had to translate! At least it gave us an excuse to go our separate ways early, before our eyes started leaking...